ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfiring

cli0 dynamique 16v
my son has just bought a clio dynamique 1.2 52 plate, it has 41000 miles on clock, and is in near mint cond .he passed his test today , and was of course looking forward to driving his pride and joy :).
this is were the problem starts
after starting the car ,almost immediatly the engine management light came on .
he tried to drive the car and it has no power, it seems to be misfiring almost ,like a cylinder is down and there is a smell of bad eggs:(.the managment light is now flashing all the time.
ive read allsorts regarding this on the forum , but unsure which might be the most likely cause of problem. if it is the lambda sensor ,would this cause the car to misfire ?. can the cat conv cause these symtems also ?. it looks like going to renault tomorow to be plugged in but i like to try and get as much info for myself as poss.
thanks in advance for any tips/ideas

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah as above really mate, these can be sourced for £50 or so.

I wouldnt advise taking it to a renault Garage the parts and labour will take you well above £100.

Also, it could be the HT Leads or Spark Plugs or a faulty injector. The best bet is to pull the HT Leads out of the coil pack and see if theres any difference (the car will sound like it wants to cut out) this may lead you to which coil is failing. Although from what you have read it does sound like a Coil Pack.

Mines went a few months ago and its been absolutley fine since.

Why not try www.eurocarparts.com I use them religiously for parts, at a fraction of the cost from Renault. Hope this helps buddy, good luck