ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring?

Renault Clio 182
Car started misfiring today changed the coil and plugs and leads still misfiring and the plug from cylinder 2 was black and there was a lot of black crap coming from the exhaust, guessing that was unburnt fuel anyone have any ideas?

SQ5
It will be yes.

Two 10mm bolts to take rail off.

Unclip the fuel line by pressing the clip, watch your eyes.

Then unclip the injector!

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Only speaking from experience mate but it could be stuck open. Very easy to change. Unbolt the fuel rail and remove the clip and pull the faulty one off. There are a few checks to do to find out. Place the end of a long screwdriver on the injectors, and put your ear against the handle. You should be able to hear a repeated ticking noise from the injector. Or simply unplug them one at a time. If the engine noise doesnt change, thats your faulty injector.

SQ5
Or turn the engine over with it still attached to the fuel line and you'll see if it's not the same pattern as the others!

Renault Clio 182
Brilliant cheers guys, will it need bleeding once replaced,shall check its not stuck first any ideas on costs?

Sorry about 101 questions but what makes them pack up

SQ5
They just break down, lots have done it recently.

Just keep cranking it until it starts, that'll bleed it nicely for you!

Injector is about £40ish new I think

Renault Clio 182
Result, I was real gutted as I have just had 438 cams put in and a remap so was looking forward to getting home unpacking the car as I had stayed in Dorset while the work was being done then taking her out but half way home we stopped at the services started it up and it was misfiring just my bloody luck