ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire fixed.

2004 172
Took the 172 for an mot the other day....never made it....😞

Dropped onto three cylinders, got it recovered home and checked and the fault was Injector 2. so stripped it apart as I decided to replace the leads too.
20160213_100944_zps8otvcipz.jpg

So, rail out, clearly been out before as the injectors have paint marks and there are no injector clips.
20160213_101732_zpssxogq82k.jpg

So a friend got the injectors checked and cleaned (2 is defo knackered) so bought a new one, fitted and washed out the rail.
IMG-20160218-WA0005_zpstwpawuno.jpg

And my new silicone leads arrived from Matt Lewis Racing (MLR).
20160220_082825_zpsx0tnkfod.jpg

Now all fitted back together and runs a treat! (I need a need airfilter and to tidy the bay up)
20160220_095943_zpsikzfpcfx.jpg

I also placed one of my Pro Race 1.2's with my track tyres infront of a wheel, still not sure whether to fit them yet.
20160220_103208_zpsodknfbxy.jpg

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
My 172 also runs on three but kinda clears on revving although engine warming light flashes and its not happy. Spark plugs rusty and some holes very wet and No2 cylinder spark plug black. Leads look good and are cleaned. Cleaned plugs moved No 2 to No 4 ran for 5 miles OK to start and now back to missfire. New plugs fitted and OK for 4 miles - i'll bet No 2 is black.

Was going to post a question - its like No2 injector is overfuelling, but do you doubt the leads. For me I can swap No 1 & 2 over and see if blck plugs follows leads but I recon' its injector?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
My 172 also runs on three but kinda clears on revving although engine warming light flashes and its not happy. Spark plugs rusty and some holes very wet and No2 cylinder spark plug black. Leads look good and are cleaned. Cleaned plugs moved No 2 to No 4 ran for 5 miles OK to start and now back to missfire. New plugs fitted and OK for 4 miles - i'll bet No 2 is black.

Was going to post a question - its like No2 injector is overfuelling, but do you doubt the leads. For me I can swap No 1 & 2 over and see if blck plugs follows leads but I recon' its injector?

All fixed with a new injector - brought leads to but thats for another day