ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfiring at idle.

Hi posted a few days ago about having issues with missfiring at idle. Couple have guys pointed out check coilpacks etc.

I have just fitted a new coilpack leads and new sparkplug yet this missfire is still there. also a new map sensor had been fitted

What i was thinking could it be the idle control valve if that car has one that is lol, becuase the missfire is only there when at a complete idle. the cars a 1.2 16v 2001 clio expression. if the car does have one where about is it so i can clean/replace it?

Another thing is could the missfire be caused by the Lamba sensor at all?

thanks again.:dapprove:

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Has it done alot of miles?

Also check the hoses around the TB are in good order and have not worked loose, infact check all hoses, leaks can cause misfire at idle.

No leaks seem to be comming from anywhere, the engine is on 62000 miles my garage is going to try genuine renault sparks tomorrow see if that help

Volvo S60 T5
Change the oxygen sensor, I'm starting to get clio's come in now with running faults from the contaminated fuel crisis recently.

the tb is mounted in the top of the manifold on the 1.2's its always covered in oil, bad design, clean it this always helps I find on them

Car now fixed, ended up being the cheap ass plugs they used. car running ace now.

I live in the north west to I dont think allot of the dodgy fuel got up here.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
i've had similar probs, mine was temp sensor, but it has gone crap again like it has lost power and feels like it has to push much harder for the same speed. i took it to renault on sat and had it hooked up to the computer, nothing has showed up. now they want to keep it in so they can check from cold (problem is, i've not won the lottery).