ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mistake from the local garage!

Clio 172
I had a oilchange at a garage yesterday. I drove 20 miles before I noticed they had filled 1,5 liters too much:mad:. (6.2 liters totaly) Do you think this may have caused any damage? I haven't noticed anything wrong yet.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I had a scenic in once for an oil leak, was coming out of every seal/gasket. That had been filled with over 8 litres of oil, should have had just under 5 litres in. Destroyed the turbo, piping, intercooler.

Clio 172
It read it on the reciept. It should be 4.75 liters shouldn't it? I by the way noticed a little leak from the seal between the engineblock and the bellypan. Could this be caused by to much oil in the engine?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like so mate.

Id stop driving the car and get it to the garage.

Or even drain the oil out yourself.

Sam!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Tbh I wouldn't read too much into what the invoice states. Have you checked the level on the dip stick?

53 Clio's & counting
First thing check the dipstick - if it is a good 1-2cm iver max then dont drive it and call the garage and explain - dont get shitty as that gets you nowhere

Clio 197
are you sure they didn't give you extra for top ups and its sitting in the boot?

check the level ASAP!

Clio 172
I first checked the dipstick as a routine. The level was about 2 cm over the maximum mark. I've then checked the reciept and the intruction manual. I drained about 1,3 liters before getting under the maximum. I drove about 20 miles (no high revs) before discovering it. Now I'm worried there can more damage to the engine, but I should probably have noticed this by now?

Clio 172
I talked to the manager on friday and he said it was no need to worry. But I wasn't sure if I could trust this.
Thanks for the advice!

Last edited: