ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MJ Designs Group Buy Dials ****Urgent****

After a bit of investigative work i have managed to track down MJ Designs who have ceased trading under that name and are now http://www.skewers.co.ukwww.skewers.co.uk

Hope you guys get the dials or at least get your money back.

This is a post on behalf of Glenn as he hasnt yet remember to send his renewal cheque and has used all his posts for the day!! lol

He has asked to say that he is very grateful to Smokey! ;)

And that he is considering contacting skewers although he wonders if it would be a better idea for Colin to contact them as it was him that has dealt with them all the way through this group buy??

Does Colin know them personally?

Would he of known about the change in names and phone numbers?

Im a bit concerned still as he mentions that MJ Designs was set up with a friend and my concerns are that he going to pass all the blame onto his mate that i will bet he cannot get hold of any more!

Tbh i dont Glenn knows the exact answer! But he seems to think that Colin doesnt know them personally, and only ever dealt with Gareth of MJDesigns on the number that was posted earlier!

So there is still the potential that yes the guy running http://www.skewer.co.ukwww.skewer.co.uk could say he cannot get hold of Gareth anymore in which case the group buyers could all still be screwed!! :(

Heres hoping that Mr skewers.co.uk is very helpful and can provide the group buyers with some positive answers!! :)

Vix....on behalf of Glenn...

[Edited by powelly on 29 July 2004 at 4:22pm to show correct web addy thank saner]

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

It is possible taht its nothing to do with him taht the orders havent been processed. MJDesigns was started with a partner, maybe the other guy is responsible for mucking ppl around, which is why this guy started his own site.

Once hes informed of the problem he may be happy to either get ahold of whos responsible or make the dials. Dont jump to conclusions :)

Read the 3rd and 5th posts on this thread Saner ;) Yes its very possible that this guy (mook) has nothing to do with our problems! But lets hope he can help us to resolve them!! :)

350z & 16v Maxi

Ok folks, since it was me that set up this deal I feel a bit responsible and for that I really do apologise. I dont know anyone at the company personally, just was on there web site and wanted a set of the dials. I e-mailed them and they said they would need to make 10 sets to justify it and would need a set of originals to make the templates - hence the group buy.

At first I was dealing with a guy called Jason, but half way through he left the company and I started dealing with Gareth, who I’ve e-mailed a lot and spoken to on the phone several times!!!! He seamed a decent guy!!!

The number I have for him is - 01757 706968

And the address is

MJ Designs

17 Topcliffe Court

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

Also I know that his partner owns a hair salon at the following address:

Clares Hair Salon

Unit 1

21 Bondgate

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

I phoned this place just there and his gf said that he is not available on the above number until after 7 and will deffo be available at 9.30 tonight. She was very nice and understanding!!!

Once again I apologise about all this, if there was more I could do I would!!!!

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 29 July 2004

Does Colin know them personally?

Would he of known about the change in names and phone numbers?

Im a bit concerned still as he mentions that MJ Designs was set up with a friend and my concerns are that he going to pass all the blame onto his mate that i will bet he cannot get hold of any more!
i understand why youve said that buddy, but honestly i do not know him personally!!! i live in Scotland and no where near this guy what-so-ever

I didnt mean anything by that Colin, i just didnt know if you knew him as a mate or anything.

I understand what ya saying but why has the name changed without any trace or communication from the guy to you at least? I just think he is pulling a fast one IMO especially as he has got all ya cash.

Plus he has pissed people off over at the Scoobynet Forum too for some reason which im waiting on there Admin to get back to me about.

Also the address above does not match the company address that they have used to register the company.

Well anyway, Did you speak to him tonight? well im guessing not as you havent posted.

I hope all gets sorted out anyway and you get the dials or your cash.

Smokey

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Where does everyone live in this group buy im from heathrow so its a bit of a drive for me. If it was closer i would have been down and got something out of him......

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 29 July 2004

Clares Hair Salon

Unit 1

21 Bondgate

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

I phoned this place just there and his gf said that he is not available on the above number until after 7 and will deffo be available at 9.30 tonight. She was very nice and understanding!!!

I only manage to get on here during the day time at work so only just read your replies Colin so couldnt call him myself last night - but im really hoping you did mate!! If so please give us an update on what was said!!

And i live near Chelmsford, Essex so im nowhere fooking near this guy either!! :( Would be ideal to be a 10 minute drive away id be round there in a shot to keep tabs on the work in progress!!

don't

yes blink im pretty sure a group have already paid, and thats the problem as ppl have paid and not recieved, if ppl got there money back they wouldnt b 2 bothered but its the fact they have nothing and have not been told anything

Yes!! A loooooooong time ago (months!)!!

Id say the average price for a set of dials in the group buy was £100 (maybe a little more) and there are 10 of us so the guys had £1000+ of ClioSporters money!! :(

Which is why everyone is so desperate for a result!! :)

don't

thats alot of money, when did u all pay the £100+???

any1 got colins number 2 try him as he was guna try ringing him at 9:30pm wasnt he??

350z & 16v Maxi

I didnt get the chance to phone folks, thats another problem, i dont really have much time at night to phone the guy!!!

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 29 July 2004

Ok folks, since it was me that set up this deal I feel a bit responsible and for that I really do apologise. I dont know anyone at the company personally, just was on there web site and wanted a set of the dials. I e-mailed them and they said they would need to make 10 sets to justify it and would need a set of originals to make the templates - hence the group buy.

At first I was dealing with a guy called Jason, but half way through he left the company and I started dealing with Gareth, who I’ve e-mailed a lot and spoken to on the phone several times!!!! He seamed a decent guy!!!

The number I have for him is - 01757 706968

And the address is

MJ Designs

17 Topcliffe Court

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

Clares Hair Salon

Unit 1

21 Bondgate

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

Once again I apologise about all this, if there was more I could do I would!!!!

all the contact details are here. i normally just tell him its the 10 sets of 16v dials im phoning about when i phone him. He has everyones name address and phone number along with the specs of each set of dials that we are looking for.

I will need to get a hold of him anyway, he has my full instiment pannel out of my car as well. I will keep trying him, but if other people chin him as well it hopefully should make him sort something out!!!

Thing is, i still want these fecking dials!!!

[Edited by Colin_S on 30 July 2004 at 11:42am]

Another thing is i have quite a broad scots accent, so when speaking and getting angery at English people they tend not to understand what im saying so it might be easier coming from one of you!!!

williams 2 turbo

i have to spokien to the fella at skewers. he said he left mj design 2 years ago. then jason (first contact) sold up his share in the buisiness last november and was bought out by gareth. so its gareths business and hes a hard boy to contact. ill try to contact him through his girlfriend and let you know anything i find out.

Good work people! :)

Lets keep the ball rolling!!

I will try and call Gareth at various times throughout this evening from 5 till late so hopefully should have an answer from him soon! :)

don't

Gates?? sorry couldnt resist

2 b honest it seems more like hes trying 2 avoid it all and is hoping u will all just 4get and go away, but he is wrong , very wrong

if u go through his gf i think thats the best way as hell hate it and so will she and if he tries 2 b funny with u about it then there could b hell 2 pay

Bumder With A Buffer

and if he does get funny theres 10 of us to sort him out and only 1 of him!!!! I might pop up to the place tomorrow actually if it aint to far from me. Which address is it i need???

Gareths number and address is...

01757 706968

And the address is

MJ Designs

17 Topcliffe Court

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

Clares Hair Salon

Unit 1

21 Bondgate

Selby

North Yorkshire

YO8 3WB

Not sure about his surname but Colin should know so ill email him and ask.....

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Colin: so whats the next step now mate? Is someone going to go down there and find out whats going on? Im 200 miles away from that address so its a bit far for me to travel.

williams 2 turbo

i*****breaking news*******

have just spoken to gareth and he has said the following:- he had not realised how much work was going to be involved in producing these kits and as of yet has not made anything he is happy with. he will be sending colin a cheque for the money paid to him on monday, as colin paid the full amount on 1 cheque, so if its all right with colin he can send us a cheque of our share.

as another post said, metal monkey would do us a deal, so do people want to go for those, or have there money back. hope this is of some help.

have a good weekend, steve,

350z & 16v Maxi

b*****d, i wanted these dials as well. Ill send everyone there money back as soon as i cash this cheque. Did he mention anyhting about my original dials.

I dont really want the metal monkey ones

haha... i know this guy. didnt realise he called his company that. know claire from school and used to go out with his sister.. well for about a week.

[Edited by cliotuRS on 31 July 2004 at 7:59pm] <SCRIPT language=javascript>

in fact claire used to be one of my best m8s.

[Edited by cliotuRS on 31 July 2004 at 8:15pm]

small world isnt it. mite see him up town tonight :devilish:

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

So whats going on then. Hes had my money for MONTHS now im getting it back?!?!?!? Is that with or with our interest hes been making on it. So for the last 4 month or what ever it is hes done nothing now hes just giving the money back?!?!

What a CO*K