ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk 2 knocking

Hey guys,

Know this topic has come up before, but in my brief search I didnt find anything that sounded exactly like what Im experiencing.

Ive just got myself a new 172 and have now done about 4000km in it. Problem that has come up is that through hard left handers, I get this knocking/grinding noise from the right front.

The dealer reckons it is dampers, new set on order to be installed on Monday - Im not convinced. Anyone here have experience with this problem?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem, but only when I turned the wheel to the full right position and especially on anomalous surfeces. A sound came out (crackling) and of course I visited renault service. The guys there told me that it was nothing serious, just a loose screw. I cannot help you more, since I dont know which screw was. Hopefully, the sound stoped. :)

Hey Roastie
Best bet is to let Renault do their thing on Monday and see if that works. I found that they will often say they think its one thing and then sort out something else completely. My 1.6 16V had tons of stuff done including a complete new steering rack before they found the front end knock while steering was a hydraulic feeder hose that Renault SA R&D has developed a local replacement for. My 2.0 had the same noise and they replaced the pipe at first service - sorted. If you dont come right, call me at the office - you can pick up the no. from the mail I sent you and I will give you the number for Renault after-sales here and who to speak to.

Shot guys,

Well see if they manage to sort her out. I know Im going to miss her while Im away ...

When I had my Megane 1.6 16v - I they generally seemed to get to the bottom of things quickly - Im just worried cos the service guy looked a bit puzzled rather than confident.