ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk.I Bucket Seat Help / Advice needed!

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
:eek:

Okay... so, everyone has their opinion on bucket seats, but I'm just after advice...not a lecture on how "chavtastic" I am for wanting them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8016547348&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

^ Thats the kind of thing I'm eyeing up... but I have a few questions!

HOW TO INSTALL?

- the seats have standard bolts to fit all current subframes such as Corbeau, Cobra, Sparco, Recaro, König,…

- we also have universal subframes with gliders for £ 20 a pair (to buy, just add £20 on your payment)

But I've heard that "universal" subframes dont really get on well with Clios? Am I better off getting some Corbeau, Cobra, Sparco, Recaro Clio-specific frames, and then attaching these seats to them?

My second issue is seatbelts. I don't really want harnesses, as I would like to keep my rear seats, so I'd like to use the existing seatbelts... But aren't the seatbelt-buckles attached to the old seats? So how would that work? Or are they attached to the old subframe? It's too dark to go out and look right now... and I'm generally just confused!

So, to summarise;
1- Would the above seats fit the clio... and if so... how easily? (and how expensive)
2- Seatbelts... whats the deal?

-Akira

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
ok i just bought the whole sparco set, seats, subs and belts. and to some it up the sub frames are bull im still welding an extra length of metal to make them fit. so there is no easy way.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
So I can't bolt the "universal" subframes onto the old subframes or anything botch like that? :( I have zilch experience with welding... lol

-Akira