ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk II Phase II System Combo?

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique 02
Hi, as I have got sick of using CDs and trying to store them I am considering about a complete change of the system (so I can use my IPOD) except for the rear speakers which I heard was pointless because of where your sat in the car and apparently the mounts are bad.

So here it is: (I'm on a tight budget!)
- Pioneer TS-Q131C custom fit to renault 2- ways
- Pioneer DEH-2000MP head unit- should have the steering control input
- ICT 29-652 stalk adaptor and the radio interface thang

what do you think? will it even work after installing it? (regarding the steering controls)

Any other advice for installing your own system would be wicked as this would be my mine first time!

Thanks

Sam

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I would think about amping the speakers for better sound quality.

I have to say that having the iPod rather than CD's in the car is much better. I got the Alpine IDA-X001 head unit, which I would recommend (or the newer X100).

How much difference do you think an amp would have and if it was noticable what would a require other than the amp/wires?

thanks for the head unit suggestion, its just a bit too expensive for what I'm after!

but you're saying that the system I suggested would work reasonably well? Are there better components at the same price? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all this!

Last edited:
  Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Don't worry about it - all I know is what I've got, and I asked a hell of a lot of questions on here before I commited. I'm pretty sure I could've probably done better but I'm happy with it.

For the other Comps around the same price, you could do worse than taking a look at these Infinity Reference 5020CS

For the amp, I'm currently running the model below this, and it does sound pretty good.

HU wise, I'd go with Alpine, they seem to be one of the best, and a lot of people on here rate them. As the X001 is too much, maybe look at the cheaper versions:
X200
X300

What you have looks like a decent start, although you would need to get another adapter to go along with the one that you have, clicky, (you will need both parts for it to work, one to attach to the HU, and one to attach to the stalk)

How much are you willing to spend overall?

Thanks for the detailed info on different things. The 24 bit DAC and proper IPOD intergration on the Alpines make the prospect of a new head unit a lot more worth it, is there gapless playback on those models? Or is that a lot more money?

I might just get the head unit and adaptors first which would probs improve the sound quality of the standard speakers and then get new speakers when I have money (I'm only on apprentice wage!)

Also the adaptor you showed me is different to the one I found and its only a tenner rather than 35 quid! Does it do the same thing? And could you confirm that my existing radio display would go blank and just show temp. and clock?

Thanks very much for your time

Sam

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I'm not sure on the X200 & X300, but the X001 is gapless, but at a guess I would say that yes, they will be.

The adapter that I linked to is needed as well as the one that you found (you'll need a different one if you get the Alpine though, as the one that I found is specific to Pioneer). So basically you'll be spending about £40 overall for the stalk functionality.

AFAIK, depending on which interface you get, some of them will display something like "ALPINE" or "PIONEER", obviously depending on the HU that you have. I have heard, however, that some interfaces link to track number, or something like that - I can't confirm though.

If you go without the interface, it will indeed go blank.

If you're going to wait to get the speakers, I would wait until you have them and install them all in one go.

As I said, it's worth amping them if you can, it makes for much better quality.

There's also the option of a sub, but you'll have to find the sub, enclosure, and either another 2 channel to power it, or a 4channel to power everything.