ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HU, speakers and a yellow connectors

Renault Clio 197
Morning Ladies & Gents,

This is my first post so please be gentle, lol.
I have just purchased a Clio Sport 197 second hand, pretty chuffed with myself as I have wanted one for quite sometime now and the wife finally capitulated.

The previous owner didn't get a full sound package and as such it is pretty bare. It has no rear woofers and comes with the standard set up in front. It does however have the telephone hands free installed which seems to be the default Renault system.

So, I'm thinking of getting a new head unit and speakers:
Pioneer MVH-8300BT
Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers for front and rear.

Will I need a stalk adaptor? I have seen several but I am unsure the best one for the job!
Are the TS-Q131C suitable for back and front?
And will the mic installed already be compatible for hands free phone use?

I wish to use my iphone4 and want the best interactivity between HU, stalk controls and iPhone.

Finally, the current installation has a yellow connector under the card slot in the central dash area, anyone know what it is for? Many thanks for any advice.

imagejpeg