ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 1.4 pipe from pump goes to..what?

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello. I had some problem with my clio, and i had to change all the coolant hoses. When i stripped down everything, i found out:
1. Pipe that goes from the water pump, has a half an inch cap on one of the lower ends, the other goes to the radiator, and one goes to the intake. Where does the sealed one go?
2. Where that pipe mounts, the original hole thats the same that holds the dipstick, doesn't fit for me. When i get it in and tighten it with that hole, a hose pushes the fan blocking it, thus the fan doesnt spin...

What can i do? I can post pictures if i wasn't clear.. thanks!

172 Ph1
As your car is manual transmission , the other blanked of pipe would have gone to the auto cooler .
That's from memory

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
this is a pic of the issue, i can post more if that can help.

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  172 Ph1
That's the wrong pipe for your engine .
I can see that the small sized outlet is up against the head / block and it's not at the correct angle for the existing hoses .

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Yeah i was wondering that. But every picture i saw of the 1.4 engine has the same pipe, at least it looks like the same one.