ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 1.4 RT - Need some Details

MK1 Clio 1.4
Hi,

Just need a few details clearing up on a few mods i want to do to my 1.4rt

I've read that the laguna spi TB is a good mod, however i read the inlet mani needs boring out, is this true? also will any sensors go nuts causing problems? lastly, it is recommended to reuse some of the laguna air feed, as you can see in the pic below there is no air box, what dimensions induction kit would i need or is it as simple as order a laguna 1.8 8v induction kit?

throttlebody10_zpsf90c16cc.jpg

I am also looking at decat pipes but as none seem to specify do all the decats for mk1 clios fit mine? (excluding williams as i know that will defo be different) also will this remove the silencer or does it literally only replace the cat?

Any affordable back boxes to help relieve a little back pressure? i imagine a cherrybomb is fairly competent as it is almost just a straight pipe however i am unsure of how loud they are? (i want a little more grunt and noise from the exhaust but i dont want to be mega loud or throb too much)

I am aware that modding a 1.4 is not going to amount to any huge gains, but that isn't what im after, im just looking to get started in modding and do a few low budget things to help build my knowledge and experience (so that means no costly engine swaps haha this is not my car for life) i already have some lowering springs and am awaiting uprated dampers, i also have plans for some wider steelies (kangoo wheels) to give me a touch more grip (they will also be going matte white for much rally wannabe look)

Many thanks :)