ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 window problem

H

harryr34

Hi,

i put my drivers side window all the way down, when i pressed the button i could hear a crunching sound.

i took the door card off and pushed the window up by hand, i can see a metal cable that comes from the motor, it has come off the pulley.

I will take the motor off and have a look,

What does a window regulator do?

H

harryr34

i took the motor off and the metal wire that runs from the pulley has come off and wound itself round the mechanism - it is all tangled up, and a piece of plastic has broken off, does anyone no the cost of a newone?

Thanks
What is a window regulator? has anyone got a pic of it?

I had this, had to replace the regulator... unfortunatly I got the local garage (non renault) to sort it so never saw what it looked like.

From GSF:

R87319 ELEC WIND MECH-LH CLIO 98> 3 DOOR 67.00

R87320 ELEC WIND MECH-RH CLIO 98> 3 DOOR 67.00

You only need the one obviously.

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

Hi Harryr34

I had the exact same problem with my car, renault would only sell me the whole regulator which was about £170 but all that was broken was 2ps worth of plastic clips. Unfortunately I had to buy it as I needed the car back on the road and secure.

The regulator is the motor,channel and cables that pull the window up and down. Its easy to replace so dont pay for renault to do it.

Mark

H

harryr34

:( The car is booked for a SVA test on wednesday morning that took 3 months to book and now the window has gone wrong.