ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What's that nasty steering wheel!? Mine was a ph2 facelift on an M and had a 3 spoke jobbie. That looks like an RSi wheel.

How does a leather sunroof work? :ROFLMAO:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yep that steering wheel is truley awful, glad my M reg didnt have one like that

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Lots of Scrap...
@Coops Mk1 do you have a pic of the older steering wheel?

Does it stack up right for the price?

I'd personally say it's a bit pricey, not completely complete and could easily be rotten as the later ones suffered badly when production moved as they began tool up for the mk2

ef3114b0527ee03f78ecd7440171efa5.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
Oh yes, that steering wheel's more in keeping. I'll have another look at the ad and pics, I'm not too clued up where these sit regards pricing unlike the phase 1 172s onwards. I guess like most things individuals have ideas in their own minds what they think things are worth.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Lots of Scrap...
they're similar to the phase 1 172's tbh, as in prices are all over place and tinworm is a big issue! lol!

for 3k region I would want a phase 1 car, not a phase 2 as imo the earlier cars are more desirable

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
they're similar to the phase 1 172's tbh, as in prices are all over place and tinworm is a big issue! lol!

for 3k region I would want a phase 1 car, not a phase 2 as imo the earlier cars are more desirable
Where would be the best place to look? To be fair I do like both, the early ones on turbines do look the part along with the patterned cotton seats.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Lots of Scrap...
@Ricardos they're hard to come by really, just have to trawl Ebay, autotrader, classic car sites etc etc and be patient.

Definitely try before you buy and ideally get from a garage where car can be inspected underneath if possible