ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio rear axle bushes

Williams 2
Does anyone know where i can get some new bushes for the torsion beam rear axle on a clio williams?

Powerlex or standard

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Powerflex list them on there site but only for the front end of the car

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Clio+including+16v+&+Williams-326/1.html

Here is also the rear beam & Torsion bar from a MK1 Clio, If you need OE part number to try and cross Gove me a shout.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 21.44.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 21.42.12.png

Last edited:
  Williams 2
Powerflex list them on there site but only for the front end of the car

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Clio+including+16v+&+Williams-326/1.html

Here is also the rear beam & Torsion bar from a MK1 Clio, If you need OE part number to try and cross Gove me a shout.

View attachment 174834

View attachment 174833

Thanks for that, going off that drawing it looks like the bushes are made as part of the arm and were never available seperately anyway?

Can you get a part number for the 'arm' bit that has the bush inside please?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thanks for that, going off that drawing it looks like the bushes are made as part of the arm and were never available seperately anyway?

Can you get a part number for the 'arm' bit that has the bush inside please?

Item Number 6

OE Pt No. 7700789781
RRP £173.19 + vat

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 19.20.12.png

Williams 2
Thanks mark that's a great help!

This seems to be the only way to replace the bushes.

Do you supply parts? With it having a price can i presume you can still get hold of these?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thanks mark that's a great help!

This seems to be the only way to replace the bushes.

Do you supply parts? With it having a price can i presume you can still get hold of these?

Normally when a part number and price shows they are still available.
It might mean them coming from France but the best way to check is take the part number to a dealership and ask them to check stock on the item both here in the UK and in France.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
there must be a way of getting the bushes on their own, the subframe bush on the front ''isn't available'' but comes up under different models and the same as one of the steering rack bushes. essentially RRP £173.19 + vat x2 for 2 bushes :/

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pics of your Mk1 or it never happened :lol:

IMG_2921.jpg

I was told there's a company in Nottingham that can fully refurbish the Mk1 rear beam for around £140. I can't remember the name now but Matt Brown knows of them. That price may have changed as well so don't take it as gospel!

Mick

Williams 2
Pics of your Mk1 or it never happened :lol:

View attachment 174999

I was told there's a company in Nottingham that can fully refurbish the Mk1 rear beam for around £140. I can't remember the name now but Matt Brown knows of them. That price may have changed as well so don't take it as gospel!

Mick

Cheers mick

Does anyone know matt brown well enough to find out?

Or can PM me his mobile no? I need to buy a few bits off him anyway.