ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio v6?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There was nothing in it between the 172/182/V6 around Brands Indy.

I would go for the Mk1 Vee... but thats just because I like to progress up through the range. If I was to go straight for the Mk2 Vee then I wouldnt have anything left to upgrade to later on, and would feel I missed out on the Mk1

you could add, valver/hybrid/willy/megane/197 to that list dan, there all much for muchness.

I passed everything but the cup racer at cadwell and i had a passenger and pisch tyres. But i've done a fair few laps of the track!

Dunno about progressing up the chain either. You went from the 1.4 to a 172 did you not? missed out the 1.6! ;)

Mk2 vee is a better car, but it's an evolution, so naturally thats going to be the case. There both very special tho!

Brooky,

there is nothing wrong with the standard set up on a mk1 imo, they are not as bad as they are made out to be (mainly negative comments made by people who have never ever been in one nor driven one :rolleyes: typical lately on here tbh)

At the end of the day if you drive either like a loon they will bite you in the ass, the mk1 would be the first to do it though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Brooky,

there is nothing wrong with the standard set up on a mk1 imo, they are not as bad as they are made out to be (mainly negative comments made by people who have never ever been in one nor driven one :rolleyes: typical lately on here tbh)

At the end of the day if you drive either like a loon they will bite you in the ass, the mk1 would be the first to do it though.

I like my ass bein bitten!

you could add, valver/hybrid/willy/megane/197 to that list dan, there all much for muchness.

correct

I passed everything but the cup racer at cadwell and i had a passenger and pisch tyres. But i've done a fair few laps of the track!.

well done

Dunno about progressing up the chain either. You went from the 1.4 to a 172 did you not? missed out the 1.6! ;)

I drove several and they were slower than my 1.4, so the 172 was the next progressive step.

Mk2 vee is a better car, but it's an evolution, so naturally thats going to be the case. There both very special tho!

my thoughts entirely.

Brooky,

My negative comments are based on my time behind the wheel in one and in the passenger seat of one.

I'll admit they were both 255s though.

Oh and being in other peoples Renaultsports at renaultsport trackdays.

Can't speak for anyone else though.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Brooky,

fair play mate i can only say i had a run in so to speak with a guy form here in his mark one against the 330 and coming off the m4 on the way to a meet in swansea he floored it round a bend i did the same he was all over the place but my car was fine

not often i can catch stuff in the twisties in my 330 lol

guess that spoilt my impression of the mark one

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
correct

I passed everything but the cup racer at cadwell and i had a passenger and pisch tyres. But i've done a fair few laps of the track!.

well done

I drove several and they were slower than my 1.4, so the 172 was the next progressive step.

my thoughts entirely.

Gi's a ride?? lol