ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 dash lights

just changed my dash lights from standard orange colour to blue. spent most of the afternoon messing with taking everything off to get at the speedo panel... changed the blubs.... went outside to see them in the dark and they're really dim. is there any way i can make them brighter or should i just put the clear ones back...

i've searched but i can only find mk2 dash light conversions...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i did this with mine once...looked a bit tame as i used blue bulbs. you need to get blue reflecttors tho, not blu bulbs.that way it will be just as bright with an even spread!

Hey guys, just wondered what size bulbs do i need to get for my mk1 dash? Id like blue too, and r u saying u need reflectors? are these a specific type of bulb or? when can i get these bulbs from?also, how many bulbs are needed for the whole of the dials? Cheers guys

yorkie said:
just changed my dash lights from standard orange colour to blue. spent most of the afternoon messing with taking everything off to get at the speedo panel... changed the blubs.... went outside to see them in the dark and they're really dim. is there any way i can make them brighter or should i just put the clear ones back...

i've searched but i can only find mk2 dash light conversions...

what i did was to goto a local autospares with a bulb that had blown. they didnt have any in but the guy took the old bulb out and replaced it with a new one 12v 5w (in the old plastic grasp). I did the other bulbs myself like he did in the shop. Before I went there I went to Halfrauds and they laughed and told me it would be a scrapper to get one, but anyway I dropped on a good shop who knew what they were talking about.

Its really dim. You can see the blue with the blubs but its not that good. i.e you only know the lights are on when its really dark. The needles glow blue a treat.

The dash is a s**t to get off. There are the 5 screws on the top of the dash, 2 on the dials, 3 on the steering column and 2 under the dials to get them off. If you havent done it before I'd make sure you have a good couple of hrs daylight left before starting, so you can figure it out.

I havent had the chance to look up reflector bulbs/leds yet so I cant comment, but I hope they would be brighter. Or maybe replace the fliters might make it brighter cos they are naturally orange. I'll replace them with reflectors next time I have to take the dash off.

PM me if you want any more info.. c