ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 front de-badge

M

mouthyman

hi does anyone know if there are holes underneath the front badge on a MK1 clio. and if so how easy would it be to fill them and smooth them into the bonnet.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
The badge is set into the bonnet there are no holes just indentation in the shape of the badge...

M

mouthyman

how would i smooth it then like in this picture

geneve323.jpg

M

mouthyman

would it look stupid if i took off the badge and left the indentation

Punto/Clio GTT
mouthyman said:
would it look stupid if i took off the badge and left the indentation

look ridiculous, people will say, oh your badge has fell off!. take it to a bodyshop get it smoothed n sprayed, maybe badboy'd aswell?

M

mouthyman

i want to de-badge it but i really dont have the money to get it filled and resprayed is there anything i can do myself

Punto/Clio GTT
patty said:
lol i would say yes too but i still have holes in my boot from debadgin!! :D

mmm rusty rusty. get it sorted dude or at least insulation tape over it, inside of your tailgate will be fucked otherwise before you know it

M

mouthyman

i might just spray the badge the same black colour as the bodywork. that way its less noticable lol

Punto/Clio GTT
mouthyman said:
i want to de-badge it but i really dont have the money to get it filled and resprayed is there anything i can do myself

get some p80 sandpaper, a can of filler, small block of wood or buy yourself a rubber block. rub it down to bare metal, slap some filler in mixed with a bit of hardener, keep your block flat, put few more skims of filler in til its nice n level, rub the lot down with p180 sandpaper, then again with p320 to get rid of any deep scratches, get a can of primer filler, dust a few coats on, let it dry, wet flat it down with some p800 wetordry sand paper. then either take it to a bodyshop n get the bonnet sprayed for like 75 quid, or goto halfords and get the right colour aerosol can for your car and blow it in yourself.

bodyshop your lookin at 200 quid to smooth, prep and paint
diy, your lookin at say 20-25 quid for materials

will be a complete bodge job, but if your on a budget it will do til you can afford to do it properly

172 M69 eater
Final_Maxim said:
mmm rusty rusty. get it sorted dude or at least insulation tape over it, inside of your tailgate will be f**ked otherwise before you know it

taped up ;)

M

mouthyman

ok ill probably leave it till i can afford to do it properly. thanks

Renault clio MK1 1.4 RT
spray it the same colour as ya car.mines is sprayed black instead of silver.looks better and different

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
scad2k said:
spray it the same colour as ya car.mines is sprayed black instead of silver.looks better and different

PICS!!!!

Always wondered what that would look like.