ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 - How to remove or install performance chip?

RSI
Please forgive me for my ignorance!

I may be selling my clio to a young lad and he wants me to remove the chip prior to him picking it up. Can I literally take it out and put the old one back in as simple as that?
I know on fiestats you can just pull em off and replace them but not sure about clios?

Many thanks

It'll depend if whoever fitted the chip had the foresight to solder an EPROM socketonto the board - if they have then just unplug it and put the old one in. If they haven't (and have just soldered the new chip on) then you'll need to unsolder the new and resolder the old one on...a lot of pissing about! Alternatively, you could just by a secondhand ECU for 40 and fit that?

16v Phase 1
Even easier...replacement 16v ECUs are on ebay for about £15..change it over and you can flog the chipped on ebay for about £80.. Nice and simple and make some profit.!