ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 lowering

Clio MK1
I have a Mk1 clio phase 1 i thinks its, its only a wee RT, am just wanting to know how low i can go. I have 16s on the car with 205/45 tyres, do you guys think 55mm is enough or to much....

Does any one have pictures of thiers mk1 that have bein lowered

S2000
On 16's you would get a lot of scubbing at 55mm. Best bet would be to get some 15's on a 45 profile tyre and then you can lower it 55mm without any scrubbing.

R

Rebecca

go somewhere quiet with speed bumps and other such obstacles you may be faced with and have a friend watch as you go over, also listen out for scratching sounds this will tell you if you need it higher:D

Corsa Van. Meh.
ashleed001.gif

Heres a pic of my old Mk1 on 16's with 45 profile tyres and lowered 55mm.

Front scrubbed like an absolute b**ch.

Rear only scrubbed occasionally but I had no rear seats....

Go for 40mm!!

Fiesta ST
Yeah 40mm should be a good compromise for the 16" alloys. Like people have said, 15" with 45 profile tyres is good for 55mm and more on the rear. But 40mm should look good.

Clio MK1
55mm is to low for the RT, if am wanting it tht low what are ma options for it not to rub like poo! would the arches have to be rolled? or more work ?

Rb 182
Haddow said:
55mm is to low for the RT, if am wanting it tht low what are ma options for it not to rub like poo! would the arches have to be rolled? or more work ?

55 would be fine imo. Get the right wheels amd it wont.

Clio MK1
i have almost the same wheels is on tht relly low valver. There multi fits, the only diffence is tht ma wheels have a cap over the studs to hide them. I will post a picture up soon!
how much will the car rub at 55 will the arches need to be rolled??

S2000
On 16's at 55mm you would get a hell of a lot of rubbing, unless you had some arch work done, and i'm not sure if it would be worth it IMO.

I posted pic of my car already, i have 16's (172 ph2) and i have it lowered at the back 55mm-60mm!! i had to take the plastic guards from underneath the arches, but apart from that its been pretty much fine!!!:D

S2000
bland said:
I posted pic of my car already, i have 16's (172 ph2) and i have it lowered at the back 55mm-60mm!! i had to take the plastic guards from underneath the arches, but apart from that its been pretty much fine!!!:D

Yeah, 16's should be fine at 55mm at the back, but I would expect major scrubbing at the front if you went 55 at the front.