ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 ownership is all about

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sitting here at 2am knowing that half of the torrential rain outside will end up inside the car!

FML and my leaking sunroof!

is there anyone else out there that cringes for their cars sake when it thunders down with rain??

Stripped yozza'd cup
The roof on my brabus roadster leaks seriously about once a fortnight, seemingly fir no reason... I have to keep a collection of towels covering the inside in bad weather.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ahh im glad im not alone

thankfully my car is stripped of everthing bar the dash and bucket seats,
but part of me is still itching to venture outside with a roll of paper towel to start the mopping up! :(

Stripped yozza'd cup
Lol.
I've just given up with it. I've replaced the seals, used a silicone spray. I just can't work out why it happens, it can go a month without leaking and then fill up 3 days in a row. Bloody thing. It's lucky it's fun to drive or I'd have set fire to it by now :)

I would mind if it was a 15year old car, but it's barely 5!

Credit where credit's due though, none of the interior seems to be water damaged at all, touch wood.

williams and trophy
lol. my valver was the same. new seals and a good clean out of the runners etc n jobs a good un. dont need to worry no iv no sunroof

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why not just seal it shut?

I've got an electric sunroof on my valver that i'll be removing soon to fit a solid perspex panel and it pains me because its 100% faultless and leak free. Seems a shame! lol.

Why not just seal it shut?

I've got an electric sunroof on my valver that i'll be removing soon to fit a solid perspex panel and it pains me because its 100% faultless and leak free. Seems a shame! lol.

Why do it then? Weight issues?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've got a pool most mornings even though i've had the thing off countless time's, got a plastic bag in the door card to get home with a dry ass !

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I used to have a E36 3 series that would leak into the passenger footwell just near where all the electric were. It was on my mind every time it rained....I think it was a problem from the sunroof...

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
touch wood my mk1 has never leaked from the sun roof in the 10 years my friend owned it so i hope and pray it wont start now i own it as he kept it in a garage all the time

Renault Clio S
The sun roof on my old MK1 would leak at evey opportunity, always when going through a right-hand turn resulting in the passenger getting a thorough soaking. Now I have a MK2 with a sqeaky sunroof. I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest.

PH1 iceburg
My little mk 1 leaks big time. When i go round a bend it is like a dog is cocking his leg above me, shower of water ends in my lap.

Its getting annoying now!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a leak. FML!

Pollen filter I think, right into the passenger footwell.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
my 106gti leaked. siliconed the sun roof shut but still did it. found out it was coming through the ariel. doh. so try the ariel if thats on the roof.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
I used to have a vtr saxo. And it leaked through the interior light. And that was through the ariel. Pissed me off so much one day I just ripped off the ariel and stuck a bit of duct tape over the hole lol sorted it. Car was s**t anyway lol

Arctic Blue 182 FF
sitting here at 2am knowing that half of the torrential rain outside will end up inside the car!

FML and my leaking sunroof!

is there anyone else out there that cringes for their cars sake when it thunders down with rain??
Its such a simple fix, take the sunroof out remove the small nuts and bolts holding frame to body, some clear builders silicon all round and replace everything hours job and forget about when it rains;)

MK1 monster
my ITB valver doesnt leak a drop, but my daily valver is like a sieve everything is wet even the steering wheel :(