ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Phase 3 Foglight removal

Oyster Card
Looks like a mission, no retaining screws, bumper off job?

GSF charged me £27 for a new one, doesn't even come with a bulb!

Punto/Clio GTT
plastic thing at the side of the glass pops off, 2 torx (i think) screws then it hooks round behind the other side

Oyster Card
Cheers matey, got the top torx screw out the bottom one is being a b**ch, it's just turning but not undoing.
Can't get anything on the otherside of it either or the driver just slips, think my best best would to be drill the screw out?
So pissed off as all I need to finish off the car is a new foggy fitted then it will be mint.

Punto/Clio GTT
try jack it up and get some mole grips on the back, if that fails drill em yeah if youve got a spare bolt for the fog

Oyster Card
Tried that, well I've had the splash guard off to access the rear of the fog but theres literally nothing to grip to, all the back end of the bolt, which i think was a metal washer type bolt thingy (now look you've made me go all technical on you) has pretty much broken and I'm pretty stumped as to how the thing is still attached.

Being French you'd have thought it wouldn't need encouragement to fall off.

mk1 phase 3
just whack it out with a hammer from the back, should come out if it isnt screwing out!

i dont know how much space there is tho cuz i havent got fogs.

Oyster Card
Cant remember myself either mate, will take another look tommorow, got to get it out somehow as it looks ugly at the moment. I'm scared I'll crack the bumper or I'd have had the thing out in a couple of mins.
Come to think of it; it'd be so much eaiser with the bumper off but thats a mission on its own, bonnet off etc..

All for something I won't even use, I just want it to look nice.