ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 sunroofs

PH1 iceburg
Hey punks!

Right my mk1 has the usual leaking sunroof that gives me a lap of water everytime i drive it. Making me look like i have pissed myself everytime i get out.

I was thinking about going down the whole new seal route, which means taking the roof out etc etc....

What would happen though if i just put sealant all around the edge of the glass, between the glass and the plastic. So technically sealing the roof shut.

Has anyone done this or anything similar?

Cheers freaks

Dan

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Mine lets water in like a mofo and leaks through the interior light onto my gear sick :(
But I still want mine to open, would Renault replace the seal?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get some clear bathroom sealer and seal it between the glass and the frame.

Then run a thin bead around where the frame meets the roofskin.

Then run some around the ariel base as thats also a common way in for the water. Obviously only do this when the car is 100% completely dry. The slightest bit of moisture and it won't work.

You can have mine as soon as i've sorted the perspex out but i'm moving my work premesis over the next two weeks and everythings a bit mental.

Get some clear bathroom sealer and seal it between the glass and the frame.

Then run a thin bead around where the frame meets the roofskin.

Then run some around the ariel base as thats also a common way in for the water. Obviously only do this when the car is 100% completely dry. The slightest bit of moisture and it won't work.

You can have mine as soon as i've sorted the perspex out but i'm moving my work premesis over the next two weeks and everythings a bit mental.

i done the exact thing on my old valver worked a treat, i also disconnected the switch because i forgot and tried to open it lol not a nice noise

silicone does the job though