ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 rust...

VW Potato

yup, on the tailgate. Reno bodyshop confirmed it for me on Saturday. Rust - always nice on a new car... :)

g

VW Potato

dont think i can demand a new one, ive had it six months and only spotted it last week. to be honest, as long as they fix it under warranty, Im not that bothered, more surprised than anything else.

merry christmas to the French, then :)

g

I would demand a new car too. What if the whole cars f**ked? surely it should all be galvanised or whatever it is??

VW Potato

ok, so heres what I do - get the car booked in for this to be fixed, and while its there I insist on a fully detailed report of cavities where possible. Any problems, and I have a conversation with reno...

g

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Wow, that sux.. A less than 1 year old car should NOT rust, especially as its galvanised steel

CTR EK9 turbo

Yeah, mine is rusty all over if you look closely in the sunlight after its been washed. I took it to my friendly Renault garage and they mentioned loadsa stupid things that made it my fault - do you live near a railway? itl polish out etc etc. Dicks. I think someone on here got their car resprayed fully after lots of frustrating calls to our favourite car manufacturer. I think he had to wait like over 3 months or something? so thats 3 months of driving a 1.2 base model - id rather have a rusty car.

Thats actually outrageous, you guys should be demanding new cars or renault will keep doing it, and keep not giving a flying ****!

VW Potato

my, this is turning into a merry little tale.

I spent 20mins at the reno dealer as they argued between themselves about how to process my warranty claim. In the end, I had to go back to the body shop for an estimate (only a few miles from my home). The body shop was shocked at the rust and one of their technicians said he wanted to replace the tailgate. But his colleague argued that he would rather cut the treat the rust. They then said that they would prepare the estimate, and submit it to Reno for a cut and treat. Meantime, I had to go back to the dealer (aaarrrrghhh) to book a provisional appointment for the work to be done.

About two hours later, i had a call from the dealer saying Reno couldnt let the bodyshop do the work because my dealer (get this) is not a main dealer, just a satellite dealer - I have to go to my main dealer, in Reading. I was too tired and stressed at work at the time to scream so i went back and killed them all instead.

Case continues in Jan. I love you reno.

g

VW Potato

Im starting to wonder if Ill still want my car in the summer...Im sorely tempted to get into debt for a 147GTA, now that Ive sold the GTV6. I bet my 20year old Alfas having a laugh in the knowledge that my new cars got rust. God, thats so ironic it hurts. :)

g