ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 - Speedo stopped working!!!!

Clio
Driving casually, looked down at the speedo and it was dead :( doing 0mph says the needle, even tho i was doing near on 40mph

I immeadiately pulled over, turned engine off, turned on again - NO JOY

I did the trick of holding the on board computer button on the stalk in whilst turning the ignition on, and it did its test mode fine? The needle moved up and down in the test mode fine

So the needle isnt loose etc. Bit worrying. Thankfully given 10mins and a hit on the dashboard above the speedo and it worked.

For how long i dont know :( I cant explain it but;

Do the speedo wires go anywhere near the rear of the stereo? As i now have a new stereo fitted (i have done 6+ installs in my time so am v.careful) Surely that isnt related?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hahahah, was looking at this, this morning and got in my mrk1 172 and the same bloody thing?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
mine has fixed!, just had a play with the gear box speed sensor and washed the car lol, it now works fine,. u need to look at about 2oclock through the pasenger wheel arch, u will see the black sensor, clean it up and replace it

Mégane RS
Sounds like another case of renault electrics, maybe just a loose wire or corroded wire or something