ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 wings and bumpers

right, here we go,

i thought about changing my 1.2 16v wings and bront and rear bumper for a 172 set, then i can get the side skirts too,

how much would i be looking at for a set of all these, also i thought if i got them in a different colour then i could have the front fading into silver at the back, part of me thinks this would look gash but thought id ask you guys for your opinion,

what do you all think?

RS Clio 200
not too sure about the fading to be honest.

Bearing in mind what you said last night about wanting to do a rally car replica, i wouldnt bother getting the 172 body kit.

save the pennies and get the proper rally body kit later.

Clio DCi 65
How much is a 182 Front bumper inc fogs, side skirts and wings worth about?

Cheers selling on here and dont want to give off any stupid prices!

not too sure about the fading to be honest.

Bearing in mind what you said last night about wanting to do a rally car replica, i wouldnt bother getting the 172 body kit.

save the pennies and get the proper rally body kit later.

thats what im in 2 minds to do but after seing all the 172/182 last night im a bit dissapointed about my motor lol,

prob will just wait, am after getting some cheap lowering springs for now until the new engine goes in then h&r's here i come. :D :cool:

would they fit on my car? your felt low as fook, ( prob coz you had me in the motor a bit, that alown drops it by 60mm lol)

al

ST on the way...
You've got to bear in mind that theres more than just the wings, bumper and skirts to change, there's the arch liners, fogs, grilles, squirter holes etc.

172 kit won't suit a none RS car the hubs are 54mm which some Mk2 phase 1's used otherwsie if its a phase 2 its got either 52mm or 58mm (52 is very rare 1.2 8 and 16V only)

The rears will fit fine but the springs are much harder and the dampers arn't right for a none RS.
Coilovers is the way to go.

Luist price on 172 body kit was £2k lat time I looked with discount. breakers yards your best bet but IMO don't bother its not worth it anyone who knows there cars knows it wrong.

al

ST on the way...
I wouldn't say it's not worth it edde!

Try PM'ing joshydee MOFO he's done his, to a very high standard and might be able to help you out :)

Turbos.
A rally kit on a 1.2 though? Why bother. I'd go for the 172 kit myself because if you have patience you could get the parts cheap. I certainly wouldn't pay more than a few hundred quid for all parts (second hand)...

The cost is in the painting, being a perfectionist i'd get most of the car redone to avoid any mismatching.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
i payed £130 for my 172 front bumper without fogs and splitter
then payed £180 fo arches and skirts :dead: