ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 DCi, are they only 65?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm just considering a Mk2 Clio diesel as a workhorse to trounce up and down the motorway, say 40miles a day. I know they came in 65bhp format, but is the 85bhp one from the Mk3?

I have seen Dci 100 parts mentioned, but can't seem to find any cars?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Nah dCi 65, 68, 80 and 100

I had a 100 and they're like hens teeth now unfortunately. If I were you thought I'd get a MK3 dCi 106 as they're 6 speed and Siemens injectors not the old w**k delphi gear!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Are the Mk3s as good on fuel? No DPF shite?

I was looking at a Mk2 as a daily beater a while back but if they're impossible to find a mk3 would do I guess.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Are the Mk3s as good on fuel? No DPF shite?

I was looking at a Mk2 as a daily beater a while back but if they're impossible to find a mk3 would do I guess.
Common issue on the MK3 is the EGR gets blocked up more compared to the MK2. Takes 10 mins to clean and most people sell them cheap thinking it's an injection issue rather than a restriction issue😂

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I found my mk3 dci 106 was about 10mpg off the mk2 dci 100 (that's worked out at the pump, not the trip) they do drive much nicer though.

for mk2s id say 80 is the best of the bunch, getting hard to find though

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I found my mk3 dci 106 was about 10mpg off the mk2 dci 100 (that's worked out at the pump, not the trip) they do drive much nicer though.

for mk2s id say 80 is the best of the bunch, getting hard to find though
Yeah they're a heavier car but way more comfortable!!

Highest I saw in my 100 was 91mpg. It was the most boring driving I'd ever done! I'm sure @Gus gets insane mpg in his MK4

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they're a heavier car but way more comfortable!!

Highest I saw in my 100 was 91mpg. It was the most boring driving I'd ever done! I'm sure @Gus gets insane mpg in his MK4
I found the MK4 wasn't as good either, we had a pair of dci90s the remapped one done 60mpg without much trying and the standard one slightly worse, I think the long gearing had you loading it up more than you should for economy!

The 6 speed makes all the difference My DCi 110 kangoo is fantastic it will do 60mpg all day long considering its 1300kg and as aerodynamic as a house!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I found the MK4 wasn't as good either, we had a pair of dci90s the remapped one done 60mpg without much trying and the standard one slightly worse, I think the long gearing had you loading it up more than you should for economy!

The 6 speed makes all the difference My DCi 110 kangoo is fantastic it will do 60mpg all day long considering its 1300kg and as aerodynamic as a house!
Yeah the 6 speed box is 10x better than the 5 speed JR5.

I found they're best cruising at 60mph. At 60 mine got about 80-90mpg whereas at 70mph it got about 60mpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Do the MK3 use the same mechanical fuel pump that inevitably fails and puts metal filings into the fuel lines as the MK2?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Hard to find a good mk2 dci with sensible miles on now. I viewed a flamer dci80 off facebook market place the other day for a mate, looked great in the pics but absolute scrap in reality, bonnet was so rotten inside the latch had almost fallen off!

Was a shame really as it only had 80k on the clock, and ran great but looked like it had been the local chavs blag around the estate car