ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Exhaust

M

mark Saville

Hi,

I am after a cat back system, has anyone had any dealings with K-tec systems? I only borrowed the car from the wife for a day and the exhaust fell off and now she wants me to pay for a now one!

it will comed wrapped in santa paper.........happy Christmas love! :nono:

M

mark Saville

Brill,

Thanks for that, they are going to bring out a twin pipe system for the 172 similar to the 182. bet its a bit more expensive though! I wondered if anyone knows how loud these pipes are as I do a lot of motorway driving. Still I could always upgrade the sound system!

I have a K-TEC "stealth" system on my mk1 172, and it sounds great apart from on the motorway beween 80-95mph where it has reasonant boom which becomes tedious after a while.

M

mark Saville

So you are saying upgrade the sound system or buy ear plugs ! Thanks for that

Mazda MX5 1.8
i have a ktec on my 1.6 & had one previously on my mk1 1.2

exhausts are alright... nothing particually special - welds arent particually tidy on mine and the mk2 exhaust brackets are total shite! but make a nice noise (mines the quietened one which makes a nice rumble without being too "in ya face!")

EX-172 driver :(
I am also looking for an exhaust for my 172 and i just noticed that you said we get discount, who is we? is we me? anyone any recommendations for an exhaust, not dealt with k-tec but have heard good stuff about them

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
i had the k-tec twin, boomy on the motorway and i could never get it to sit straight, had to hold it with cable ties, had to wedge a peice of rubber in there too as it started to rattle against the mountings. i have a Prospeed now, all sorted.

Megane225FF
"we" as in cliosport members get discount.
Thats the beauty of stealth systems, if they dont sit straight.. nobody can see them.. then there's the cleaning issue.. ie you dont have to...

M

mark Saville

Hi,

Does the pro speed take it from a single exhaust to the double?

ta

Running single exit Ktec on mine sits straight and v sweet, great noise but not intrusive on m/wat or at speed, has nice burble on tickover too, v happy !