ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Headlights to Dual optic Headlights

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Dual optic Headlights PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

wondering if anyone can help, I recently purchased 2 new dual optic headlights from the mk1 172. when I've come to wire them in they have a different conections etc because the original lights had a H4 bulb which had both High and Low beam on it.

However the dual optic's have one HB4 and one H7 bulb (I think) I was just wondering if anyone could draw a diagram as to how to rewire them. I had them partly wired in but when i put high beams on low beam went off etc and in dash both high and low beam light up constantly

Any help would be much appreciated (i know it can be done as I have seen it done)

Thanks in advance
Regards Dean

Last edited:
  White Clio 1.2 @ 172
ben_p said:
the bulb is hb3 btw

i've got the bulbs etc its just changing the wiring over it's been doing my head in, now inside the dash board lights up as if i have both high and low beam on :/ I managed to get it so that i have Either bulb on at one time i.e. flick once on the stalk sides come on again main come on then press back and full come on but main go off :/:dapprove::S just waiting for this email of the big yen :D

Thanks very much in advance btw

Clio II and Grand Modus
You will need to put a extra fuse in the fuse-box at the side of the dash. Can´t remember wich socket but it have a "light symbol"

Then the dashlight for lowbeam will go off when high is selected. And low beam will stay on at your headlights- Simple.......

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
Hi all, posting this as a follow up to sharpie's request, a post of this headlight conversion guide will be greatly appreciated! Alternatively, can someone please email instructions to yeeron@hotmail.com

Comments will be much appreciated!

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
Got some really helpful advise from Shaun aka The Big Yin, but the low beam dash indicator stopped working and high beam indicator stays on whether I select low or high beam. In addition, I also experienced the problem of not being able to get both low & high beam working at the same time. Tried the fuse fix, but the only empty fuse slot (high beam icon) doesn't like having a fuse in it as once fused the high beam function fails all together! There is another fuse slot with a low beam icon on it, but the slot appears to be empty and won't take a fuse. Before I hack my way through the dashboard and pull out the entire fuse box, just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with the dual optics conversion on a mk2 ph1 model? Btw mine is a 1.6 manual rxe. Comments will be much appreciated!