ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 RSi value

db98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Been wanting to post for a while about this but still in two minds about it. I’ve got a Mk2 Clio RSi 1.6 16v in pearl black, I know there’s not many of these left especially in this colour, I’ve been thinking about selling it on to move onto a 1*2 but I’m not sure what I could get for it, and I know they’re increasing in value! It’s just ticked over to 60k and has good service history, the interior is mint but the outside could do with a professional detail or something similar to bring it up to standard, but there is no rust and the bodywork is straight. I have the original 14” alloys that come with it but don’t use them to keep them in mint condition, besides what you can see it’s completely standard. Just want to know people’s opinions on what I could do and a rough price guideline? Tia.

Attachments

• 662CFB9C-E16C-410F-9BDD-7E257B1EE847.jpeg
    662CFB9C-E16C-410F-9BDD-7E257B1EE847.jpeg
    883.7 KB · Views: 167

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
500 quid? Whats so special about it that you'd cherish a set of 14" alloys?

Don't get me wrong a Ph.1 172 is a cool car and good examples are appreciating well, but the 1.6 is the one your mum took shopping isn't it?

db98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
It’s the fact there’s not many of them left especially in good condition, there’s one listed for £2,995 on eBay with 99k on the clocks. That’s partly what made me think about it

db98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Also to add I’m not a fan of the original alloys but I’ve kept them in good condition because the car is surely worth more to someone when it’s totally standard from the wheels up? I think that’s the point of owning a rare modern classic as they call it there’s no point if it isn’t standard

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Stretching the definition of modern classic quite alot.

If someone is willing to give you anything like 3 grand for it you wanna snap their arm clean off, cos the other explanation is the guy selling the one on eBay is a total belter.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It’s not rare, it’s not mint, and the one on eBay will still be advertised in ten years time for the same money.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
If it helps with the value, the RSI for 3k sold a few weeks before. It was up for £1499 or make an offer...

I see the RSI's often up for £500 - £800 mainly with low miles on the clock to for some reason. Bargain little hatch, but like Ant said can't see them being worth much.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bet that seller was properly made up getting £1500 for that, guy selling it now is just the epitome of greedy small-time car dealers, total shyster.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Even the mk1 rsi's don't make much yet although they are creeping for the 6 or whatever that are left so wouldn't hold out much hope for mega money on a mk2 one just yet. The phase 1 172's are only just starting to get up to 3k region for reasonable ones

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The owner of the red one is on here. I was watching it on eBay when it was on an auction and when it went abover £500 i threw the towel in.

It does look very good condition and they are actually a good little car BUT they don't feel special in any way shape or form which really is what matters imo when buying an investment/modern classic/ weekend toy etc.

I think if that red one went for close to £2k he would be doing very very well, if yours is a bit rougher then you would do well at £1000-£1300

But as is always the case, it's worth what someone's willing to pay.

kangoo
I just sold the rsi to the dealer currently selling it. I got £1250 for it and thought that was a fair deal for both parties. Everything worked including the ac and it wanted for nothing I even had the original sales brochure. They are great fun to drive but I think £1500 is the max one of these will make at the moment if it’s perfect and lower miles then mine.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
That may be a big difference too then as the mk1 rsi did feel quite special few times I've driven one, great little cars