ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 steering wheel removal help

1998 clio mk2
anybody got a guide on how to remove a mk2 phase 1 steering wheel? how to disconnect airbag etc? would be a big help, thanks

monaco blue 172 ..
iirc... disconnect the battery 1st ........... then there are 2 screws behind the airbag underneath the steering wheel ... undu these then the airback will pop off . then the big nut in the centre and thats it .. cant remember if the screws are cross headed or torq's ... hope that helps

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats it^^

Just make sure you dont spin your SAS ot break any wires. Be careful when your removing the airbag because theres 2 plugs on the back of it that you will need to undo

1998 clio mk2
sorry where abouts are the 2 screws? and what you mean dont spin the sas? thanks for the replies, need to change my heater matrix :(

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If you turn your wheel so your thumbgrips are at the top and bottom, look behind the wheel and you will see 2 holes. Thats the 2 screws you need to undo.

And the SAS is the steering wheel alignment sensor.

Clio 1.2 16v
I have a Clio II phase II and want to remove the steering wheel! It seems that there are no bolts but some clips behind! How do you undo them? I need a step by step instruction of how to remove the steering wheel! Thank you!

Clio 1.2 16v
Very hard to unclip it with a flat screwdriver! I only managed one of them. Is there a better tool or trick to manage it?

Clio 1.2 16v
I did the job! The trick is to use a bended end flat screwdriver. It helps you pull the clip first and then unclip it!