ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Central Locking.

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Hi guys.
Posting on behalf of a mate.

He drives an '03 plate clio. its a 1.2 I'm not sure what trim though.

He said recently when it was cold his central locking has stopped working. I had a look at his car tonight. He can still open the both locks through the lock on the passenger side (the drivers side has none), I guessed this means its nothing to do with the door looms.
The button on the console still works and when you press his key fob it still blinks red to show its working. He also said that his other key fob doesn't work when he trys that.

Could it just be a fuse? He doesn't have a manual so i couldn't check which fuse it was or where his fuse box was.

Cheers.

Evo 8 MR
Quick question, if you replace the battery in the fob will it then lose its link to the car?

Or will it still work like it should?

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Itll be a Mk2 then mate not a Mk3....try replacing the battery in the Fob.

I thought the Mk2's were only made up until 2001? Its the 3rd style clio, the previous one before the current shape. Is this not a mk3?

The fob works fine, so does the other... the central door locking works fine and so does the button on the middle. Hes having to go to the passenger side to unlock the door as his remote isnt working altho the red light flashes when you press it

White Sti Hatch
Nope Mk2 Ph1 was built up untill 2001 the the Ph2 came out late 2001 onwards there now a Ph3 but cant remeber when that appeard the Mk3 is the new shape clio been out since late 2005

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Ok. So i think its a Mk2 Ph2 then :p
Any clue on what's wrong?

He can unlock the door from the passenger side as he doesnt have a keyhole on the drivers side. He can press the button on the inside and that works but when using either remote it doesn't seem to work?
What are the common faults minus the battery being dead. Also where is the fuse box in his model of car so i could check that?

I keep seeing something about a UCH whats that?

Cheers.

Quick question, if you replace the battery in the fob will it then lose its link to the car?

Or will it still work like it should?

Worked fine when I changed mine.

To the OP, fuse box is either under the bonnet on the right hand side, or if you open the passenger door there's another one there.

White Sti Hatch
passenger door at ebd of dash lil lid on it has a diagram on it, cant be the fuse as the central locking still works from the switch in side....key need reprgraned i think ! there was a way you could do it in the car but i forgot it !