ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio DCI

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Is the MK3 Clio DCI facelift any good? I know the MK2 had problems with injectors and pumps amongst other things, are the Mk3 any better?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a pre-facelift mk3 DCI for over 5 years. Only issues I had where the knocking bootlid (solved with some electrical tape), and the fuel flap motor failing.

Otherwise I took me the length and breadth of the country, did numerous trackdays (I had swapped it onto AP coilovers and Megane 17" Nervasports), and only needed fuel, servicing and tyres.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fuel system is better than it is on the mk2 (but the mk2 isn't actually a big problem, starting to suffer issues now they are nearing anywhere from 12-20 year old)

they are drastically worse on fuel compared to a mk2 however are still very fuel efficient! my DCi106 was doing around 10-15mpg worse off than my DCi100, and my MK4 was even worse once again, it seem to be the cleaner they make them burn fuel the more of it they use!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
fuel system is better than it is on the mk2 (but the mk2 isn't actually a big problem, starting to suffer issues now they are nearing anywhere from 12-20 year old)

they are drastically worse on fuel compared to a mk2 however are still very fuel efficient! my DCi106 was doing around 10-15mpg worse off than my DCi100, and my MK4 was even worse once again, it seem to be the cleaner they make them burn fuel the more of it they use!
What sort of MPG do you get in your MK4 Dci ?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Mad i always thought the mk3 dci would be as good as mk2 on diesel, weight difference?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah weight difference and newer emissions regs I believe, the MK4 however is just a tad heavier than a MK2 DCI, it's about the same weight as a 182 so still very light