ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Headunit Fitting

I have bought the ISO adapter, the fascia and the headunit I want. I just need help on how to fit it all together. Does anyone have a tutorial or anything on how to do this? Like, how to wire it to the cigarette lighter. Hopefully attempt to do this tomorrow!

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
wire it to the cigarette lighter?:S why?

i got the keys u need to take old one out pulled it out and unclipped the cables behind it ( very tight but long nose pliers did the trick)

put the cage into the dash, then

plug in the ISO adapter to the wires in the car ( note you should have one or two cables left over, one for the dash display and one for steering wheel controls, so they should be left over unless you have the steering wheel control leads) then the other side into the head unit. plug the radio adapter plug into the head unit aswel,

slide the head unit into the cage ( wires may have to pushed upwards to make room) then once head unit is in place fascia over the head unit.

Hey presto your done!

il post pics tomorrow if u need them?

Really?! Didn't know that! But MT Audio said I needed to wire it up to a live that runs off ignition or something? So this is just plug and play then really? I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

If not, then please post pics for mate. And what about my amp and sub wiring?

Thanks for the quick tutorial :D

wire it to the cigarette lighter?:S why?

i got the keys u need to take old one out pulled it out and unclipped the cables behind it ( very tight but long nose pliers did the trick)

put the cage into the dash, then

plug in the ISO adapter to the wires in the car ( note you should have one or two cables left over, one for the dash display and one for steering wheel controls, so they should be left over unless you have the steering wheel control leads) then the other side into the head unit. plug the radio adapter plug into the head unit aswel,

slide the head unit into the cage ( wires may have to pushed upwards to make room) then once head unit is in place fascia over the head unit.

Hey presto your done!

il post pics tomorrow if u need them?

quadlock are canbus versions which do not have an ignition feed so it needs wiring to the ciggy

i havent said every single one,ive said all 09 or newer WITH quadlock will require one,jesus.
renault have been using them on the laguna,scenic,modus since 2005

Got the fascia and the ISO lead delivered today. So do I just plug the standard wires into the back of the new headunit or do I need to use the ISO lead that I got?