ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Interior Lights Help Please :)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Okay so currently I have the main light in the front of the car, but im looking to add a few lights to make it better in the dark, so my questions are as follows. Thanks in advance for any help you may give me :)

LED footwell strips, I know the best place to wire these would be off the interior light, as I want them to come on only when the door is open and no other time, so I'm assuming one of the wires going to the interior light is a "door open live" that I'd tap into?

Secondly, could anyone recommend me some LED footwell strips? I want pure white with no blue, but not stupidly bright just a nice glow. Was debating using a couple of boot lights I have spare with LED bulbs and glueing them above the foot wells.

A second interior light, I'd love to add one in the back like some 5 door clios and I believe 197 have, how would I go about this? Would cutting the headlining be a nightmare? I assume you'd just split every cable going to the front interior light and thread the wires through to the back which is easy enough, it's getting the light in the right place and cutting the hole that scares me though!

Thanks as always :)