ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Windscreen washers both working from rear?

Renault Clio Mk3
Hi, I need some advice.

I am having a strange problem with my windscreen washers. Basically, they stopped working and I diagnosed it as a broken pump due to using them after the tank had ran dry. So I replaced the pump. That kinda worked and got water flowing, but not how I expected. The pump is a twin outlet one.

I tested them out and when I operated the front washer the water came out of the rear, and vice versa. So I checked the pipes and swapped them over thinking they were just on the wrong outlets. This gave me the weird problem where the water would come out of the rear no matter whether I operate the front or the back. The strange thing is they worked correctly - briefly.

I am quite stumped as to what could be causing this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?