ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3s now catered for in 750 Clio Sport Series.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the Mk3 chassis dominating now.

Much better chassis, but weight wise it's a bit heavier. So whether they'll allow different levels of weight reduction between them and the Mk2 to keep the balance of performance equal.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the Mk3 chassis dominating now.

Much better chassis, but weight wise it's a bit heavier. So whether they'll allow different levels of weight reduction between them and the Mk2 to keep the balance of performance equal.

Not really, testing shows it on par with the 182, and in fact the mods K-tec have had to do are more extreme than those done to the 182. I've only heard a few rumours but the Ktec prepped car being driven by a previous seasons front runner was a little slower than his fastest lap (on a different day) in his 182.
Having owned road cars of both, the 197 does feel a little more stable, but its not got the power to overcome its extra weight, so as the announcements mentions, there may be some tracks that favour the 182 and some the Mk3s. It will be a tester season and im sure their may be some weights applied to balance them, but expectations are it will be needing less weight on the mk3s rather than adding to their min.

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
Can’t see the 197’s dominating the car has been built to contend with the 182’s, its original intentions where to widen the platform and not create a margin between cars having raced with the prototype and seeing how it’s faired I’d say it going to be close on track, both cars have their own pros and cons.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Makes sense. Certainly less 182's, about especially in the TDT over the last few years, and spare parts are getting a lot harder to find and expensive too.