ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK4 RS Yes or No?

M135i and the shed
Design is too fussy for me. Not for me but then it is AutoExpress so it's likely it won't look anything like that! ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I remember when the 172 first appeared on the scene & the 197/200 haters.
Think it is a bit artistic but RS forum seems to point to it?

Ged

PD130 Peach
hmm i think as much as i hate to say this auto express may be about right here, looks like all the other prototypes and little glimpses of it....

Do i like it.... Allot more than i first did, not so bad! more pointy than i thought it was going to be!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Yes but it won't look like that

Wtf 18-19k? So the ff will be best part of 20 grand.

To think 20-21 k got you the 250 cup in mid 2010 is nuts. Car pricing has just gone all out of hand and soon well all be on pcp deals IMO. Idiots.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That doesn't look too different from the spy shots of the new Clio that's been photographed driving about,
I didn't like the 200s front end much when it came out, but it grew on me.

I doubt this one will grow on me at all going by that pic, but i'll wait and see how it looks in real life,
I know one thing, I f*cking hate the humongous diamond on the front!! :dead:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well the way I look at it is, as the models have evolved they have become the hot hatch to own.
The RS model sells better in the UK than anywhere & most of them end up on track.
So if this model has better emissions & more power, possibly more track focused this can only be good.

Swift Sport
AutoExpress showed photos of the Loch Ness Monster did they not??

I like their interpretation, I think the next gen Clio will be a looker personally.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That looks like an incredibly juvenile photoshop.

Sayong that. The new focus st has a half arsed job of a front bumper so I don't see why Renault wouldn't go the same way with the bumper and skirts. That looks gash.

I jest about the 200 being ugly (197>200 :p) but that ae photoshop is udderly gash!

Plus... I think Renault should stop using the Clio name now. Clios have always been about sticking big n/a engines into small cars. Not sticking small engines in small cars then turboing them.

If I was to buy one of them I'd take 'Clio' off the back and stick a big '5' on the back

Last edited:
  extreme flamer
No! To me it looks more megane sized somehow rather than a clio and it just looks too overdone imo, kind of reminds me of a scirocco at the side, don't know why?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe AE are even related to Evo mag. What a shocking weekly embarrassment.

Focus RS MK3 back in this weeks episode. Yup you guessed it, a new ST with lots of old FRS bits. I'd shut it down just for the photoshops!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not bad, but it wont have them skirts fitted, and the mule seems to point to a twin exhaust

car_photo_539062_25.jpg

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-6[3].jpg

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-7[3].jpg

car_photo_539056_25.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Diffuser, but oval style tips instead of round this time.

Listerine & Poledo
I'll reserve any judgement until I see one, in the metal, before my eyes.

Aren't all of Autoexpress' "exclusives" just "exclusive artists imaginations" anyway?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
could be a grower, but looks big, usual story of the replacement being even bigger than the predecessor.

I hope they come out with a fast RS Twingo.

320d
I don't care what it looks like providing it weighs no more than the 200, and can be relatively easily tuned to about 240bhp. Combine this with handling comparable to a 200 and I'd put my name on the list today.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I don't care what it looks like providing it weighs no more than the 200, and can be relatively easily tuned to about 240bhp. Combine this with handling comparable to a 200 and I'd put my name on the list today.

Agree'd, needs to retain the brembos tho!

Storm Grey
Recaro's
Xenons
RS monitor

If all thats on offer, it will be my next car!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm really not seeing five doors as being that much of an issue. I didn't even notice them at first glance.

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
I have to admit that is "different" but I like it..
everything but the 5 doors... :( no way...

Nissan 350z
So regardless of the mule spyshots having a new designed dual exhaust they have STILL copy/pasted the Meganes rear diffuser onto their "exclusive artists impression" :S

RB182cup&golf gti
Can't wait for this to come out. Looks from that pic aren't too bad, be good to see what the actual model looks like based on that. Cheaper tax, better economy, 5 doors all make sense to me. Looking at changing the wife's 1.2 next yr and was thinking 1 series/golf, but this seems a serious contender.

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Lol looks like rocco side skirts
leon rear doors n exhaust
twingo n 200 front mash up
hope it comes out a bit smoother looking

Arctic 182
Hmmm, I kinda like it... interesting to see what it comes out like. Hopefully not all bug eyed like the new Twingo!

Attachments

• 548792_10150246014129977_1965449597_n.jpg
    548792_10150246014129977_1965449597_n.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 116