ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone virgin

Renault Clio S

Hi all

I’m probably one of the few people left on the planet without a mobile phone, however I quite fancy a smart phone mainly for internet usage.

I’m thinking of going down the contract-free route of buying an unlocked phone, but wondered if this is the best way? I will rarely use the phone for making calls, so don’t see the point of paying £15-odd a month to receive x-amount of free calls and texts that I will never use.

However, how is internet usage charged on a pay-as-you-go sim?

I simply have no idea about phone tariffs

Thanks

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I think generally you will need to either get a cheap contract sim only deal or get a payg sim and top it up about £10 a month and will get Internet usage.

I think either way you will end up with some calls and texts.

Thought about a tablet??

Renault Clio S
Tablet? No, need something I can carry around all the time. Thinking about an HTC Wildfire S.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
How on earth have you got by without a mobile phone!? :dapprove:

Same as all those people who never had them all those years ago :)

I've got one but it's rarely used to be honest, send the odd text and that's about it really.

Merc
You could always buy an ipod touch! Around £160 quid i think maybe even less lol. You get wi-fi internet, great apps/games, play music, pictures etc.... essentially like an iphone except you cannot use it to call.