ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phones and e-mail question

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im getting an n97 mini this week and want to set it up to receive my e-mails.

but i want the origina e-mail to still go to my outlook at normal, i just want my phone to receive a copy.

is this possible?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It still will go to your outlook. I't doesn't get sent to a PC, but a server. All that will happen is it will download the email but it will be marked as read.

Or at least, that's how I always though it worked.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
well outlook logs onto the server and downloads the e-mail.

so if i go onto the web and log onto my e-mail theres nothing there.

but i dont want my phone to do this, otherwise it wont go to my outlook. i just want my fone to download a copy.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Eh?

I have my Gmail account set up so I can get it in Outlook. But if I log on via tinternet, it's all still there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Eh?

I have my Gmail account set up so I can get it in Outlook. But if I log on via tinternet, it's all still there.

Same, some email address don't though, which means if your comp breaks you loose all your emails, i won't make that mistake twice!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Could you not set up a second account (GMail or Hotmail), then set a rule on your main account to forward a copy to it?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
err suppose but that would mean leaving my laptop on and outlook running 24/7

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
How is outlook set up?

Just set your phone up in the same way, bingo.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no...

cos as i said outlook downloads the original, if the phone downloads the original then when i run outlook it wont receive any emails as they would have gone to the phone.

what im asking is, can the phone be set to receive a copy only, so the original stays in my bt mail box and then when i open outlook it will download the original

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They don't "go" anywhere, outlook and your phone both just access the emails, if you read the email on your phone, it should be there on outlook, but read, and vice versa.

Golf GTi Mk2
I'm not sure how it works with nokia but I have my iPhone set to fetch my ntlworld emails every hour but when I log into outlook (express) I still get the same ones sent to my inbox on my pc.

Depends if your email provider supports it. You need to use IMAP instead of POP3. Then all the emails are stored on the server not downloaded to a phone/pc.