ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Speed Camera question

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
OK, so last night I drove past a police car that was parked in a sideroad at about 38mph The limit is 30.. I know as everyone does this is stupid and if I get points and a fine then fair enough it's deserved.

Now the question..

As I went passed (braking as I saw him) there were two flashes. There is no speed camera there, so was it just the driver flashing his lights at me to slow down or have I been caught by some mobile camera?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
if it is a police car or plod with a gun, as far as i was aware they have to come after you, give u a talking to and show u the evidence etc. if it was a van, fixed camera etc then a ticket just gets mailed to u with the evidence (photo). ive a few times sped past a policeman sat there in his car, unless ur going above the sound barrier they just leave it..... well thats my experience. if they are sat there and its a hot spot (why else would they be there)trying to catch individuals they know its prob not worth pulling someone doing 35 ish in a 30 as if they wait they can get someone doing 40 @ least......

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Thanks for the replies - To be honest that's what I thought.
It worked.. I stuck to the speed limit all the way home! :)