ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified 5 Door Clio's

Hey, anybody got a five door clio by any chance with modifications esp. Mk2?

I wanted a 3 door, but thats whats available here!!!!:mad:

Thanks

Brock

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i wouldn't personally mod a 5 door...mayb jus colour code it, and lower it...

I lowered it last week 30mm springs. Made a big difference, much harder ride. I also have a K&N filter induction kit and soon gonna install a tuning box. Next up, im putting on an OMP exhaust box. :evil:

The thing is AJM that cars here are very expensive. I could have bought your clio sport for what I spent on mine! It cost £11000!! Im tellin you its ridulous here! Its so pissing off! :banghead:

Im trying to get one down from the Uk but there is a lot of importation tax (although we are a EU country).

Brock

Yep Looney, everybody has the turdo diesel hatch! Was even worse is that you can only buy the 65bhp version!

I got all the xtras I could get on mine and am trying to make it look as sporty as possible. Future plans are for the 182 but £19200 new in Malta. Possibly a good second from the UK.

The alloy wheels and lowering the car made it look very sporty!

Hehe!! Cheers for that! hehe I thought Turbo diesel hatch TDH!! hehe :)

Good 1 ozz :) Yeah mate im maltese living in a country were its expensive to buy clios!!! Damn! Im drivin my woman crazy!! hehe

So anyways, like I said im trying to do mine up!!! Will post a few pictures next week when I spray some parts!

Although I dont have a clio sport I have two friends of mine who have great lookin ones. In fact this weekend I should be going to the quarter mile track and will get some videos and pictures to post!! I went last week in the 172bhp and we flew, wish I had my cam!

Brock

Ph1 172 & others
yeh im off to New Zealand next week and clios over there are stupidly priced. £13,000 for a 172 which works out to about £22k when you take exchange rate and wages into account.

To make matters worse, its hard to get insurance. Plus its quite expensive. I got a quote on a second hand clio sport 172 valued at 12.8K and it would cost me £1104 per year full comprehensive, 25 years old.

I guess i'll have to wait until im better off:) . Some day im gonna have my hot hatch!!!!!

Brock

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I tell you what i'll help you find a decent 2nd hand RS we'll roadtrip over to sunny malta and i get a free wk's holiday! lol...anything to get away from this weather. i paid 7k for my 172, 11k miles and 3yrs old...

Hehe! fine with me, I got a speedboat, so if you come down we'll do some wakeboarding!!!!!!! Lots of nice women too and clubs here!!!! especially in summer :cool:

I would have to add a minimum of £4800 importation tax! aaahhhhhhhh

Cheers

Brock

I know its mad AJM (By the way whats your name?).

Thats why its not easy to get a car in from the UK. Im prayin that the import duty goes one day! That money is all goverment money, staright into his pocket!!

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Thats my old one, it's a five dour Clio:

Dark%20Desire-040730204912.JPG

Hey Sirus!

Thanks mate! Listen by any chance could you post a few more pictures and give me details about what extras and modifications you have done? Is it a dci?

Im gonna be spraying my panels on monday and i wanna decide which to spray.

Thanks again,

Brock;)

Lots of Alfas
Ive done:

Changed the front and rear light clusters to optics and ph2 style
Fitted custom front foglights in renault surrounds
Silvervision bulbs all round and clear side indicators
Fitted dynamique sport interior
Fitted dynamique rear spoiler
Fitted Renault mudflaps
Speedline turini 16" wheels
Silver calipers and satin black rear drums
Sidestrips, mirrors, front and rear bumpers and fog surrounds all colour coded in monaco blue

Nice!

Have You Done Any Engine Mods?

Any Pics Of The Interior?

Mine Will Go For Sprayin On Monday And Will Post Pics Next Week!

Brock

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Brock said:
Hey Sirus!

Thanks mate! Listen by any chance could you post a few more pictures and give me details about what extras and modifications you have done? Is it a dci?

Im gonna be spraying my panels on monday and i wanna decide which to spray.

Thanks again,

Brock;)

I'm looking on my harddisk if I find some good pictures for you.
Yes it was an 82 dci.
What I did:
- All plastik panels painted black
- 7,5 x 16 Keskin KT 3 with 215/40 R16
- H&R gaz coilovers complete adjustable
- Elia Elditronic for 20 bhp more
- Green Airfilter
- Gia Cuzzo Front Bumper
- M3 sideskirts
- all windows in dark black
- a clean back
- Inside blue Neons hidden on the ground
- Sun mirror protect stripe
- and some car-hifi parts

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Here are the pics:
Dark%20Desire-051014154753.JPG

Here 2 where you can see the painted plastic (the sidekirts are missing one these pics) :

Dark%20Desire-051014154855.JPG

Dark%20Desire-051014154923.JPG

Thanks Sirus!

By the way, did the electronic box you installed make a difference ? 20bhp + or was is not worth the expense because no real major difference was felt?

Have a good weekend end!

Cheers

Brock

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Brock said:
Thanks Sirus!

By the way, did the electronic box you installed make a difference ? 20bhp + or was is not worth the expense because no real major difference was felt?

Have a good weekend end!

Cheers

Brock

Yes U really feel it. Especially in the lower gears like second and third, it really feels faster. Chiptuning really brings power in dci's. But look after serious offers, a lot of these cheap chips/electronic boxes only destroy your engine instead of giving you more power.
The only thing else is, a box / chip only increases your acceleration but not your top speed.
Sebastian

Ive always been a ferrari fan mate!! I love renaults big time but always been a ferarri enthusiast? Ever drove one, you will soon realise why!

Brock