ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Modified" Clio v6 on Pistonheads.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Ph1 track 172
over 2 grand for wheels?? TSW wheels??

set of magnesium wheel, that really will make a difference wouldnt set you back that much.

and 1.2k for shocks and springs, hmmmm

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lionel Richie
koni shocks and springs? news to me

oh yes thats right, standard shocks are koni and springs are H&R (IIRC)

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Colin G's old car ?? He had that then the black mk2, now a 3.2 TT.

That mk1 is always for sale.

He's got an M3 Cab now! Suits his Toni and Guy haircut tbh!

Not sure it is his either...There are a few with those wheels! Mind his had silver bits on it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's not his old car then, i'm not sure. I know R-tec in st albans had those wheels on their one years ago, it could be that car ? It does always seem to be for sale though.

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Maybe it's not his old car then, i'm not sure. I know R-tec in st albans had those wheels on their one years ago, it could be that car ? It does always seem to be for sale though.

How on earth do they fit tho! ET 6 and 60 are the offsets!! I can't get any aftermarket wheels to fit! :(

seb

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio trophy
i think the wheels look like spiders... not a good look. i actually prefer the look of the phase 1 over the phase 2. looks more original and always reminds me of the clio v6 in Gran turismo.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ali, no idea I think they are specially made for the vee. I'm not a fan, for aftermarket vee wheels compomotive trophy race car wheels are where it's at :) 3k a set though :(
That was being sold privatley in Aberdeen not so long ago, id rather it be standard or a Trophy
182 trophy ?? If so, totally different cars.

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i think the wheels look like spiders... not a good look. i actually prefer the look of the phase 1 over the phase 2. looks more original and always reminds me of the clio v6 in Gran turismo.

Bought PS3 and GT4 eventually and it's only a STINKY ph1 in the game! Mass disappointment! Least it's Blue Illiad! lol

Ali, no idea I think they are specially made for the vee. I'm not a fan, for aftermarket vee wheels compomotive trophy race car wheels are where it's at :) 3k a set though :(

182 trophy ?? If so, totally different cars.

I dont like the MO's...I like the Cromodora's providing someone souced centre caps and they don't fit very well! See James's! I wanted 18in CH BBS or Turini's! BOTH FAIL!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Obviously the Phase 1 V6 and the Trophy are different cars!

Im just saying for what hes asking (and it certainly aint cheap) and the miles are considerably higher than other examples i have seen. I personally would rather have a trophy :eek:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ yeah miles aren't on that cars side, the owners only appear to keep it for a few months too (unless of course it never actually sells)
am not realy a fan

dont like ph1 v6 they need a rear spoiler i think

dont realy like the wheels eitha
They have one already, same a normal 172 though. Loads of mk1 owners have fitted the mk2/182 trophy one.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The offsets are different front & rear which doesn't help things.

I didnt think that would matter when buying BBS rims, When I ordered my mates LMS for him, WE ordered 4 wheels individually, Rather than as a package with tyres so we could have 4 different offsets if we wanted? ITs only the same as cars have wider wheels at the back with a different depth dish etc.

If they need a lower offset than avaliable, Im sure they would make some in your offset? its not like they are a backstreet wheel company like Wolfrace or ripspeed.

Anthracite CH's with a Blue Lip, Anthracite Pods , And Recaro Pole Positions and I think it would be one of the first V6's id like to own!

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I didnt think that would matter when buying BBS rims, When I ordered my mates LMS for him, WE ordered 4 wheels individually, Rather than as a package with tyres so we could have 4 different offsets if we wanted? ITs only the same as cars have wider wheels at the back with a different depth dish etc.

If they need a lower offset than avaliable, Im sure they would make some in your offset? its not like they are a backstreet wheel company like Wolfrace or ripspeed.

Anthracite CH's with a Blue Lip, Anthracite Pods , And Recaro Pole Positions and I think it would be one of the first V6's id like to own!

LOL! To get a set of Speedlines made up in ET6 and 60 it was going to be 13k LOL.........Next question. Have you seen what a vee front wheel looks like! HA! imagine welding about 50mm of spacers to the inside and you're about right!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
ET 6! is that what the front is!?

I've just ohoned my mate (used to work for BBS) for you guys, He basically confirmed what you just said Ali, Possible, But Pricey, In other words no!

On the other hand, He has some 18"x12" and 18"x10" BBS 3 piece Porsche 996 Turbo Race Wheels With Race Tyres yours for £3k, Cost £14k new lmao