ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more help needed ???

Za**** & Xr250R
I've just bought a full sytem including a 1100w bass box with a 222w amp fitted a pair of 200w 6x9's with a 222w amp and a new head unit what speaker and power cable's will i need to run these ???

Also i've heard you can get different cable's to run larger amp's if i decide to put wire on that could run a 1000w amp would i still be able to run my 222w amp's from this ???

Last of all i've also bought 4 new 140w 13cm speaker's for my door card's and quarter panel's can i wire these up to my excisting cable's or would these cable's need to be upgraded aswell ???

Cheer's Tony.

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
for power wire,
you could probably get away with 4awg, and then 8awg from the block,
or 2awg and 4awg if you want to be safer,

what fuses do the amps have in them??

you can use the existing speaer wire for your speakers, but if you want to upgrade,
id use 12awg,

also, dont forget, what ever size pwer cable you use, add the same size wire from battery -ve to the earth

Za**** & Xr250R
for power wire,
you could probably get away with 4awg, and then 8awg from the block,
or 2awg and 4awg if you want to be safer,

what fuses do the amps have in them??

you can use the existing speaer wire for your speakers, but if you want to upgrade,
id use 12awg,

also, dont forget, what ever size pwer cable you use, add the same size wire from battery -ve to the earth

I'd rather be safer and go for the best, there's a 20amp fuse in the amp.

Tony.

vaux cavalier
You would be better off fitting power cable now that will suit any further upgrades you may have planned.....

You seem to be quoting manufacturers peak ratings when talking about your current items, I would advise you ignore these....

The two amplifiers you are currently discussing would seem to be Sony X-Plop items, think they are the only ones, from memory, that are quoted or named as 222w units.....On music these units would be happy on 8awg into the boot, then split into 8awg for each amp, I would expect a max current draw of 30amps playing music at full tilt....

If you could offer a little more info regarding the effect your after & type of music preferred, then a more definite recommendation could be offered....

Za**** & Xr250R
You would be better off fitting power cable now that will suit any further upgrades you may have planned.....

You seem to be quoting manufacturers peak ratings when talking about your current items, I would advise you ignore these....

The two amplifiers you are currently discussing would seem to be Sony X-Plop items, think they are the only ones, from memory, that are quoted or named as 222w units.....On music these units would be happy on 8awg into the boot, then split into 8awg for each amp, I would expect a max current draw of 30amps playing music at full tilt....

If you could offer a little more info regarding the effect your after & type of music preferred, then a more definite recommendation could be offered....

Yes indeed your right i do have a sony explode amp's but they are only 2 channel i got them for size as they are very small, i'm considering getting a larger amp like a 800w 4 channel would that run both the 6x9's and the bass box ???
Also as for music i listen to all sort's occasionaly dance but mostly stuff like the king's of leon and that kind of thing, i'm looking for both loud and also a bit of bass.

Tony.