ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More ICE idiot advance needed.

OK, now found out that the car i have had an amp in it.

Its bot MB Quarts components adn teh crossovers neatly installed in the door panel arm rests.

Anyway, when talking to the previous owner, he says it best to get an amp and just wire it all up agin. But i dont really want an amp, more weight. But he said i cant run it off a head unit alone.....

What do i do!!! i dont want an amp! but hes gone though lots of trouble with teh install its neat and tidy and i like the speakers, but i dont want an amp! Grrrr

Please help ICE superstars!

You could run them off the headunit if you wanted to but you will probably have to pick up the original speaker cable inside the door as the cables will have been re-laid. Either that or you could get a small amp. I know you dont want one but it might end up being easier and if you get a small cheap one then it wont hardly weigh anything. Im sure it wont hinder performance.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. In-Car

how much is a small amp..........

its gotta run 4 speakers...........

I guess.......but i jsut wanted a nice simple system....no bits and peices.

Ta mate!

p.s. would the std head unit have enough power?

You can get a basic cheap 4 channel amp from the likes of Boschmann, SPL-X or something similar from £70 and up really. Ok fair enough it wont be the best quality in the world but it will still sound better than running everything off the headunit..If youre not bothered about using the fader then you could use a 2 channel amp which will be lighter and smaller. We have a Jackson Fireforce 2 channel amp which is actually quite decent and only costs £60.

As i said before, it will probably be easier to install an amp than trying to sort out the original wiring.

Russ

hmmm....guess its a 4 channel amp then........

Fred......this is not cars!! lol....its mobile home entertainment systems! lol