ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More Problems. :-(

Haawww, more problems with the motor.

Ive just fitted a Ktec Exhaust and had the bafflers out yesterday. Then as per usual something started going wrong. Wether its to do with the exhaust im not sure but heres the symptoms;

Car makes no effort to start when i turn the key. I have to push it forward a meter, then try it again. This time its make a buzzin noise and the starter motor starts to turn. Instead of 3 turns and firing up, it takes at least 10-12 turns and 1 pistons fires, then a few more turns and it just about starts, with difficulty.

When driving it drops down to 500 rpm and has stalled a few times. However if i leave it top tick over the revs rise slowly back up to 900rpm. After that its fine, revs dont drop and drives ok.

I have feeling that its the starter motor. But why are the revs dropping? Any ideas guys before i go see the local cowboy? I Like to know whats wrong before hand.

Much help appreciated!
Cheers.

if it was jus the starter that wouldnt explain the revs, as once its going it should be o.k. Cant see how the zaust would cause this kind of problem, souns more like plugs, leads etc etc.

mmm.....good point. It does sound like they are not firing v.well. Any way i can test the starter motor, or any main parts that may be going worng?

Cheers

My starter was bad like that. When I took mine out, there were no bushes (brushes? not 100% sure) in the end holding the main spinning thing (technical!) in! So when starting, it was at an angle using loooooooooooooooads of power and getting nowhere.. Changed starter, and its mint!

Sometimes it didnt start, sometimes it let me jump start it (extra power could turn it), sometimes, it was very slow and then spluttered to life.

Revs dropping, I have too.. not all the time, just occasionally.. its a sensor which tries to preserve fuel consumption I believe - it keeps dropping but goes too far! Ive found it can stall, but after a few times of letting it, it realises its stalling and then kicks back up to 700rpm as opposed to 0rpm.. tricky though approaching roundabouts, keeping revs at 2k, braking and clutch!

Could be the same problems..

Skoda Fabia vRS

the revs thing........

on the 16v you can remove and clean the idle speed control valve, so id do that first

could also be throttle potentiometer, coolant temp sensor (very common)....

couldnt it be the back pressure, if there isnt a certain amount of pressure then the car will stall, coz my mate has to start his car wit the accelerator!

correct me if im wrong!

Nahh you could be right there.....I only just took the bafflers out when it started happening, Going to test it now...

Not sure, but since the bolt fell off and i had to take the baffler out, its got v.loud and not started properly!

Now i cant find a bolt to fit. FFS.

Perhaps with the baffler out the ecu doesnt like it either? or does that not make sence?

WOOOHOO 500 POSTS

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 01 May 2003

couldnt it be the back pressure, if there isnt a certain amount of pressure then the car will stall, coz my mate has to start his car wit the accelerator!

correct me if im wrong!
Back pressure wont be a problem at all, not an issue.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

i certainly dont have any problems with back pressure.. so my GF keeps reminding me ;)

HAHAA.

Put the baffler back in and starts fine. However i still got the idle problem. It doesnt happen all the time, but where is this sensor i can clean??

Skoda Fabia vRS

look in your Haynes manual

if you dont have one, then why have a car !.....its like a bible only it speaketh the truth !.....go down halfords an buy one !