ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morning -4 here

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Why's that?
I leave the M3 running for 5 mins minimum any morning as it runs like a bag of s**t when stone cold. Plus it gives the heated seats time to get toasty in the cold, or the aircon to cool it down in the warm!

It's quicker to warm up the car by driving it, on idle it sits there with cold oil in it for much longer increasing engine wear. With a decent scraper it takes about 2 minutes to clear the ice. It's only a bit of cold, man up!

It actually says in the manual that you should not leave it idling to warm it up.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
It's quicker to warm up the car by driving it, on idle it sits there with cold oil in it for much longer increasing engine wear. With a decent scraper it takes about 2 minutes to clear the ice. It's only a bit of cold, man up!

It actually says in the manual that you should not leave it idling to warm it up.

xD Been doing it for over 2 years, tbh, its a 1.2, i'm not that completely bothered about doing it, Probably won't do it to the EP3 I plan on getting around september time.

My dad's the worse for it, He's had alot of cars, and his current 03 Honda Accord 2L Vtec, Had it for 5 years, and just clocked 100k on the clock, no problems what so ever.

RS172 Flamer

I was under the assumption that it was better to idle until the choke goes off. Oops

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Passanger lock froze this morning. Bloody Fiat.

Hardly any ice on the windscreen though, G1's awesome in that respect.

172 Cup
Got in the car today, night before i left the handbrake off - drove off nicely smug. Remembered been nursing car around last few days on fumes, trip computer has been showing --:-- for a while so best go get some juice, friggin lock on fuel cap frozen.

Jap Box
No problems with the handbrake freezing on mine, did have the door frozen shut the other day though and the lock! Had to get in through the passenger side and boot the door open from inside, what a task!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
-30 in the Valver, has been since November. My handbrake has been fine too.

85B5602A-3208-4D85-98BF-53FD66D43417-964-0000015BA044D204.jpg

;)

ph2 172
-11 here the other morning. Nicks DCi fired up no problem. My 172 did the same. luke warm water to de-ice all over only for it to re-freeze 2 seconds later.
How i miss my heated front screen from my old Focus.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
When I had my Nissan Primastar the handbrake froze several times in 2010 when we had the last really cold winter. It was the inner cable that froze inside the sleeve at the back where the cable dipped under the caliper. The Clio has been playing up a bit this winter with the handbrake as well. I think the only way to cure it is to spray light grease into the handbrake linkage at the back but taking care not to get grease on the pads and discs and work a bit of light oil or grease into the cable at the back as well.