ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most Noise (filter)

Which air filter makes the best/loudest noise?
Is is green/k+n/other??
(I am going to get a universal one and fit it to my k-tec relocation kit!)
Rik

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

K&N is loud enough 4 me....roars up to 5000rpm, then u can really hear the air been sucked like an effin turbo...! ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH!

i said it before on another topic that my mate matts piper x was sh*t the only good thing is the adaptor plate that comes wiv it so stay well clear of them and since we put the green filter on it its sounds alot better but i aint heard the k&n 1 ,

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Really want the piperx viper kit....steep at £250, but lots of cold cold air....has anyone got one?

ive got a K&N on mine, not heard others so i cannot say whether its better than others but at full throttle the induction roar is superb, ive got two heat proof induction pipes feeding it with air so this may help.

would fitting a air filter heat shield improve the sound??

Will16v got a viper on mine waiting for a chip to be made for the 1.2v think K-tec are sorting one out at the end of the month or if anyone knows of one thats out already info would be greatly appreciated

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah the Hill Power on my 16V sounds the bollies. Nice and deep down low and really roars around 5,000 RPM upwards.

That is a ramair foam type. I think generally foam filters (Pipercross, Ramair) are louder may not b just from what I have heard.

ive had green, k&n and pipercross and heard ram air and blitz. most definetly the like of piper/ram air/ blitz foam filters are the noisiest and sexiest sounding

rik, u gotta remember thats its only a small engine on ur car , its weird coz on my brothers mk2 1.4 8v his piper x was loud as f**k , matt on here changed his to a green one and its a better sound but still fairly quiet, what did urs fit like ?