ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most unusual problem-Can you Help

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

right heres the problem...

Im gettin the most annoying hissing sound from my front left OE tweeter (i think). I have traced the sound to that location and i took out my speaker and its definately the tweeter thats hissing. The funny thing is that, it only hisses when the car is in motion!! As soon as i put the car into neutral, it stops!! When i put it into gear again, the hissing starts again!Even if i am in neutral and i rev the engine, the hissing hisses in tune with my revving! Any ideas for the cause or the solution? Any help appreciated!

Hon

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

ok, what is a sound supresser? Ive actually come to new light about my problem. It doesnt even have to be in motion! Just when the car is on and you rev it a bit, the TWEETERS (thats right both of them) hiss louder as you give it more revs! Is it interference that is causing this? If not what? Thanks again!

Hon

Sounds like it could be a dodgy earth aswell, tweeters tend to be most suseptable to bad earth (imho).
Have you changed the head unit at all? Pulled any wiring? Best thing to do is find the earth cable and work back from there. (or just bin the crappy standard tweeters and get some components!)

BMW 320d Sport

Thats interference definitely. Go down Halfords and they will have an interference supressor. If the sound revs upwith the engine revs then theres nothing else it can be.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

ok right. Just wondering also...is the original tweeters wired directly to the head unit? How can u get the tweeters out? Do you have to take the whole dash off, because the cage thing seems to be permenantly attached to the dash. Thanks for your help!

Hon