ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT advice

172 cup
Sorry for another MOT thread however I have mine last and have a bit of a dilemma. One of my rear seatbelt anchors doesn't work and the one that was promised to arrive yesterday didn't.

Now I was thinking can I take out the rear seats to get round this? As I'm guessing if there are no rear seats, no need to test the rear belts.

Just to add I don't use the seat belt normally as the only one to get in the back is my child who has an isofix seat.

Also I know the cup doesn't have the spring on the rear brake bias, however I have a spare one. Is this worth putting on for the MOT?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Put the car sears in and you'll just get a 'couldn't test seatbelt due to presence of car seat' advisory.

172 cup
Right I have check the anchor. It works if you push the release button when you put the belt in. Am I able to leave the belts done up and they would just give them a pull to see if they work?

PB Clio 172
this is a can of worms really so many factors in an MOT test 1 might pass and 1 may not just have a work with the tester don't think it will fail at worse you will get an advisory

Lol I'm a MOT Test if its a isofix seat still have to check the seat belt , it's down the the discretion of the tester to remove a none bolted child seat and test it other wise they can refuse to test or advise, if you want a 100% defiant pass take the seat out !

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Lol I'm a MOT Test if its a isofix seat still have to check the seat belt , it's down the the discretion of the tester to remove a none bolted child seat and test it other wise they can refuse to test or advise, if you want a 100% defiant pass take the seat out !

​spot on.

RS clio 182
Ye that's wot I was gonna say. I was under the impression if it was there it had 2 work. On my old mk1 golf i was told by the guy who did my mots he took my seat out and passed it due to only 1 seat belt.

172 cup
Cheers for the input guys. They never said a thing about the belt??? However it did fail, the mot tester was a plank though. Car fail on rear brakes, being a cup. Mot tester tried to point to a fault with the rear brake drum mechanism, to which I liked at him puzzled.

Anyway the two other thing were windscreen washer jets and headlight adjuster.

The washer jets don't reach the screen and take a while for anything to come out. I have checked the jet holes aren't blocked, any suggestions?

as for the adjust, my induction kit seems to have knock the out. How does it fit back in, won't push in easily.

RS clio 182
As for the jets not sure about these cars as I'm new to em but on my other cars I find the pipes get clogged up with green s**t. I usually take em out put them in warm water and give them a bit of a clean.
​Hope this helps

RS clio 182
There may also be green s**t in the wash bottle give this a good clean out 2. Take it off and jet wash it and throw in sum cleaner like g101

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Washers sometimes do this due to people putting in washing up liquid and the like in there, it forms a gel layer at the bottom and blocks it up.

yeah mate also on the pump , there is a rubber filter type of thing that blocks up, well on most cars maybe different on these never had one out ! need to do mine!!

Big laugh at the 'drum mechanism' as they have discs at the rear :/ there is a piece of MOT guideline paper floating around with it on might be worth handing it to him for reference !

Some times the adjuster will push in and turn , but it would be worth getting the unit out at they normally locate on something in the headlight , be it a gear or a arm etc ! hope this helps !